I think there are about 100 rookie teams this year!

My team is a rookie team with 1089 and we registered 3 weeks ago. O YA 1089 is odd number

Actually with the addition of team 1111 to our list we are now at 111 rookie teams

I’m just happy he figured out it was an odd number :smiley:

Last year FIRST said they will reach over 600 schools through the robotics program. This year they say over 800.

Actually, I think they could have given some teams old numbers, but maybe not. I noticed that the teams 373 and 527 are signed up for the Long Island regional, yet they weren’t on the list of the 641 teams that participated in 2002. I know that this might only mean that the team already existed and remained idle for some time. However, this means that there could be over 641+111 teams participating this year, even though only 111 of them are rookies.

here’s a question?

Are all the rookies ODD numbers (so they can go to Nationals- a nice idea). If so that cuts the rookie field in half?

WC
:cool:

PS- Erodge’s mother is very proud that he figured out 1089 is an odd number. We have a lot of odd numbers here in NJ

:smiley:

There appear to be the same number (or close to it) of even number rookie teams as odd number signed up for different events.

enough said:D :smiley:

My dad(Wayne C.) thinks hes smart. But as we all know teachers don’t know anything except how to take tests from text books and say “Read the book”!

Anyway if there is a team 111 than there is 112 rookie teams if there doing it with odd and even numbers and not just handing out odd for nationals. I think that last year the last team was 999 and so do the math. The nationals thing is kinda stupid if they are handing it out for rookies to go to nationals cause most rookie teams dont have the funding to get there and then if they keep doing this system they wont be able to go next year, lol.

-Erik Cokeley

P.S. Go team 25! Sorry for the spelling.

*Originally posted by Erodge *
**But as we all know teachers don’t know anything except how to take tests from text books and say “Read the book”!

I’m going to have to say that I didn’t know that. :mad:
I’m not even a teacher, and I’m offended.

*Originally posted by Melancholy *
**Actually, I think they could have given some teams old numbers, but maybe not. I noticed that the teams 373 and 527 are signed up for the Long Island regional, yet they weren’t on the list of the 641 teams that participated in 2002. I know that this might only mean that the team already existed and remained idle for some time. However, this means that there could be over 641+111 teams participating this year, even though only 111 of them are rookies. **

If it says that the team wasn’t around last year, they might have been around before that. For example:
My first year was the year when RAGE got #173. That year there were also teams 172 and 174. But after that year there hadn’t been a team 172. They just left the # open in case they came back. This year, guess what, they’re back.
Does that help?

Erodge will now be doing the dishes, later to be followed by lawn mowing, floor scrubbing and various other chores.

If he needs directions all I can say is “READ THE BOOK”

Don’t mess with Dad the Teacher

*Originally posted by Erodge *
**Anyway if there is a team 111 than there is 112 rookie teams **

Actually No this is incorrect. Due to a mistake by an unknown team that accidently registered twice with a slightly different name there is no team 1025 so there would only be 111 teams.

Hey Eric,

Your ‘facts’ are wrong. Making an assumption about all rookie teams’ funding is ‘kinda stupid’. My team is 1037, and we are fully funded by Ford.

From another teacher

The nationals thing is kinda stupid if they are handing it out for rookies to go to nationals cause most rookie teams dont have the funding to get there

-Erik Cokeley

I am personally glad that FIRST does not recycle team#'s, I’m from team 146, West retired the # in respect of changing sponsors, personally I would hate someone using that #, there is a history attaced to a teams # and if someone else uses the #, it erases that teams history or can even ruin the memory of the past team if the new team disrespects it…I think it would also be confusing because I know I associate teams with thier # not sponsor, if a new team gets that # it would be too confusing…not reusing a teams # is like retiring a jersy # in sports…how would you like someone running aroud disgracing Larry Bird’s #?