Image Discuss: Stack Daddy (Team 240)

ccf9b2d46a567d5d2d33c7ecdd3c431d_l.jpg

This is our finished product, we know we can stack 7 boxes for sure, maybe more, we ran into the ceiling after that. To find out more vist our wesite at http://www.machvee.org

I imagine that your wings have to widen in order to get your lifter arms back down to the bottom box. I don’t see how you do this however. are there motors or pneumatics attatched to do this or is it some neat static thing? How do you handle boxes on their sides?

Nice looking robot.

Scissor lift on a 12" x 1.5" cylinder. It’s obvious in the picture.

Nice bot 240.

*Originally posted by mrobrien *
**I imagine that your wings have to widen in order to get your lifter arms back down to the bottom box. I don’t see how you do this however. are there motors or pneumatics attatched to do this or is it some neat static thing? How do you handle boxes on their sides?

Nice looking robot. **

It’s likely that the plate that lifts the bins is hinged to move in only one direction.

The force of the bin downward on that plate can’t move it, but as the plate moves down, it flips up out of the way.

When you go over the ramp wouldn’t it be easy to tip it over?

*Originally posted by Pin Man *
**When you go over the ramp wouldn’t it be easy to tip it over? **

Probably not They probably use gyros or something to balance it out

Yes yes it does seem easy to tip. Also it seems that it would take a long time to get all of the boxes stacked.

That’s virtually the same design as what we almost went with. I’ll be really interested to see how you guys do :slight_smile: