Image Discuss: Team 102's Finished 2003 Robot

After hours of tiring work and little sleep, we’ve finished our robot for this year. What do you think? We’ll be driver training for the next three weeks, how about you?

Is it just me or does that base look like it’s bowing a bit?

Other than that, looks good. Havn’t seen it moving so I can’t speak for it’s efficiancy in stacking. But from the looks of it, it can stack more than those 5 you have. Good Luck

Looks great. I’m jealous. Our robot is just entering final prototyping phase. One question is how easy is it to stack with that robot? How long does it take you to stack and so forth? It looks like a good example how most stacking mechanism will work, or atleast will be similar in terms of speed.

looking good so far. im in aggreeiance on the jeolosey (spelling) part. we have ours moving and a prototype for our stacking device but its nowhere near as done as that. great job. now what do u ugys do for the next 3 weeks :P.

john scans

That appears a little top heavy and slightly unsteady, can it go over the ramp (with or without boxes)?

nice looking robot.

The question is are those arm strong enough to lift it back up if it goes over?

Not another team trying to rip us off with a previous robot- comeon!

That obviously was designed to pick up large balls- and its even on your website… When will this trickery stop?

nods

not fooled by this attempted trickery

yeah, and it uses small casters - no way those would do well on wire mesh

nice try though,
fooled some people

Actually, the casters work quite well on the wire mesh.
At least we got other teams going to our website now. :slight_smile: …It was all part of our plan…rrrriiiiggghtttt.

Good job, to some of you. We tried to pass it off, but yeah, thats our bot from two years ago :slight_smile:

Our current one is still in the operating room.

You might see our real pics in three weeks…

-Chris

hey!!
it dose not look all that bad!! my team is still trying to get out of the prototyping stages…and time is running down. I was just wondering can it go over the ramp without any problems, like tipping over or something??

Well, considering that the robot was designed for the game 2 years ago, it does pretty well at this year’s game. Yes, it drives up the ramp, and no it doesn’t tip over. It goes neither over, under, nor through the bar, in case you were wondering. We’ve also set it on fire a few times (literally), thus providing for our 2002 name - the FireWire. Now if you want to learn about the real thing, see if you can scavange something off our website. Muahahahaha. :wink:

*Originally posted by OneAngryDaisy *
**Not another team trying to rip us off with a previous robot- comeon!

That obviously was designed to pick up large balls- and its even on your website… When will this trickery stop? **

Poor Daisy, can’t get any real 2003 robot pictures. C’mon, you didn’t think pre-competition scouting was going to be that easy! :smiley: