Image Discuss: Team 1064 (2)

We can articulate to a four wheel drive, for easier turning and some other speical things…

looks at the drive system Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet… The simplicity of the concept is amazing. Although I don’t doubt it was quite a feat to make that a reality.

Very Very Nice!

I was working on a similar design concept last year, but ultimately gave up on it in lieu of something else. Looks like you made it work nicely!

Good Luck! I hope I get a chance to see it in real life sometime.

Well done for a first year team, granted you’re not all first year members. :slight_smile: Looks like a drill and CIM drive. I see the Van door motor for a rotational, but dose that drive front and back rotations or is each set of track rotated by a separate motor?

That’s really cool. During the 1st week of the season my design group presented an idea very similar to this (but only 1 rotating assembly). Our idea got changed into a standard tank drive, so it’s really neat to see someone who actually did it.

*Originally posted by Beast314 *
**Well done for a first year team, granted you’re not all first year members. :slight_smile: Looks like a drill and CIM drive. I see the Van door motor for a rotational, but dose that drive front and back rotations or is each set of track rotated by a separate motor? **

We have the van door motor pulling on Spectra cable (the thin string in the picture) attached to two bars that attach the front two trucks together and then the back two trucks together. When the the motor is driven, you get the aboved picture. When you cut the power the motor back-drive to allows us to go to a tank drive. This also allows us to contour the ramp for better traction, beause the trucks can free articulate on their own.

PS: talking to some people online, our team might even be able to climb up on to or over some king of the hills.

That’d be something if you can climb on or over a bit. Any idea how high you’r frame can get off the ground?

i love the design i cant wait to see it in actual competition :slight_smile: great work

But, is it really easier to turn on the two innermost points>, i would think that that would put a lot of stress on the motors… maybe blow a few fuses or someting… otherwise, nice job

*Originally posted by DaBruteForceGuy *
**But, is it really easier to turn on the two innermost points>, i would think that that would put a lot of stress on the motors… maybe blow a few fuses or someting… otherwise, nice job **

Unless I’m mistaken, the inner 2 points should require much less force and cause much less stress than the outter most points.

At any rate, I’d like to see it in action. Looks pretty cool.

I can see you have the drill motors lined up in opposite directions…

Are you running into any timing problems with that setup? I noticed at sussex you had a bit of a problem driving in a straight line…

An EXCELLENT robot from another ‘graduate of Beatty’ team.

Good luck to you in Cleveland!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on our robot. Unfortunately we did not fare as well as we had hoped at our first regional.

We had numerous problems with small little things like pwm cables mysteriously falling out and a faulty radio. Due to these and a couple of other problems we were unable to perform anywhere near our potential in most of our matches, but with some dedication and hard work, we have the robot up and running now and ready to attack stacks at our next regional in Chicago.

good job guys…
You seemed to be doing alot better once you got some of your problems figured out. Great looking bot, We tried something like this last year but had some problems with it and it was a bit more complicated but i am glad to see someone doing it right!

And thanks for lending us batteries before the elim matches!