Image Discuss: Team 481 "Spike"

Here’s our bot on ship day. The arm can make 3-high stacks…the wings unfold to make an 8’ face. You can’t see the brake on the bottom, but it’s a pneumatic plate with rubber drawer lining.

Still have to put numbers on the front.

Eric.

I like the pneumatically controlled pivot will on front. What actuator size are you using? We used 2 3/4" bore, 2" strokes for back pivot wheels. They work great except we have already managed to partially be one of the cyclinders rods.

The bots impressive, does the arm go down to slide under the bar?

You stole our name!!! We have used Spike since 1997 for our robot! Last year we had Spike V this year is Spike VI, please make sure you don’t copy names of other teams!!
-rant

*Originally posted by Spikey *
**You stole our name!!! We have used Spike since 1997 for our robot! Last year we had Spike V this year is Spike VI, please make sure you don’t copy names of other teams!!
-rant **

Um. With 800+ teams it’s going to be extremely hard not to “copy” teams’ names or robot names. Although, I kinda feel your pain. It’d suck if someone other than 45 called their team the TechnoKats or something to that effect. But that’s a team name. Robot names are totally different, imho. You’re going to have to deal with it.

Pistons: The pistons are 2" bore, 2" stroke…I don’t think the rod will bend, but we do have a backup. We ran in to the mesh full speed with the caster deployed, no damage!

The arm DOES fold down to go under the bar. As long as our light is legal (fingers crossed) we should be limboing.

Regarding the name…We are sorry! It’s pretty hard to check for duplicates, though (a search for spike turns up a few unrelated things in CD:)). Fortunately we are not attending the same regionals. Funny, though, we thought about going to New Jersey. Don’t worry, we change the robot name every year.

Eric.

Cool its fine, I was just ranting abit! Our team has been around for so long we though everyone knew!
Just a reminder when you Spike on your relays think of team 293!
7 years and counting!

actually its easy to not copy names… there are millions of names people can think of.

How many teams are there named “Knights”
I can think of 5 off the top of my head…
That’s probably why we’re not the Golden Knights (like Clarkson is)

Teams have been copying names for a loooong time.