importing from another project

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to import a project into your robot project so you can have more features from the java libraries instead of the java me libraries. Thanks.

Sounds like you want to use some of the JavaSE libraries on the squawkJVM without modification. You can try to add the jars for particular libraries of SE as external libraries, but you may find conflicts when you try to import. More important, when you finally deploy in the target system, you may find that these libraries do not work with that JVM.

If I had to bet money, I would say No, but try adding them as external jars and see what results you get.

I.E the Sqawk JVM is built to run on embedded devices and it is based on stripped down version of JavaSE 1.3, so some of the newer features of java are not supported. If the libraries you wish to import use a new unsupported feature of java such as generics, Autoboxing or annotations to name a few, it won’t be able to run on the JVM.

Hope that helps.
Kevin

Sounds like you want to use some of the JavaSE libraries on the squawkJVM. You can try to add the jars for particular libraries of SE as external libraries, but you may find conflicts when you try to import. More important, when you finally deploy in the target system, you may find that these libraries do not work with that JVM.

If I had to bet money, I would say No, but try adding them as external jars and see what results you get.

I.E the Sqawk JVM is built to run on embedded devices and it is based on JavaSE 1.3, so some of the newer features of java are not supported. If the libraries you wish to import use a new unsupported feature of java such as generics, Autoboxing or annotations to name a few, it won’t be able to run on the JVM.

Hope that helps.
Kevin