Indiana Robotics Invitational - few openings available

Posted by Andy Baker.

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 4/20/2000 11:02 AM MST

We’ve got 21 teams (so far) making the trip down to tropical Kokomo for the first ever IRI - ‘Hoosier Havoc’ robot competition.

There are three spots open, and they are going quickly!

If you team would like to ‘play’ on April 29th in Kokomo, Indiana, call me or reply via email.

Andy Baker
765-451-9380

Posted by Andy Baker.

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 4/25/2000 8:06 AM MST

In Reply to: Indiana Robotics Invitational - few openings available posted by Andy Baker on 4/20/2000 11:02 AM MST:

We’ve given the IRI competition a nickname…

HOOSIER HAVOC

…'cause we’re all crazy, of course.

Anyway, here is a list of teams attending this fun competition on April 29th, in Kokomo, Indiana:

1 - Juggernauts
45 - TechnoKats
47 - ChiefDelphi
48 - Team ELITE
65 - Huskie Brigade
68 - Truck Town Terror
71 - Beatty Hammond
85 - Zeeland ITW Drawform B.O.B.
93 - Plexus Appleton
135 - Penn HS
201 - VisteFEDS
221 - MI Roboworks
234 - Cyber Blue
240 - Mach V
288 - RoboDawgs
292 - PantherTech
377 - Spartrons
393 - Bee Bots
447 - Team Roboto
461 - Westside Boiler Invasion

That’s 20 teams… we have 4 spots open to get the ‘nice’ number of 24 teams. This impressive list includes teams with these credentials:

8 teams who were in the 2000 National’s finals
4 teams who won Regionals in 2000
3 teams who have been National Champions
2 teams who were Chairman’s award finalists in 2000
…and numerous others.

If you wish to play, please contact me. If you cannot play, but wish to just come to Kokomo on Saturday and watch, that would be great also!!

Andy B.

Posted by Andy Baker.

Posted on 4/27/2000 10:58 PM MST

In Reply to: List of teams attending the IRI posted by Andy Baker on 4/25/2000 8:06 AM MST:

I just left Memorial Gym in downtown Kokomo… and man, is it awesome!!!

We’ve got it all set up for 22 teams to compete on Saturday.

A couple of teams have thrown their hat into the mix…

team 67, the HOT team!
team 246, Boston Univ.-Mass Pep.

Yeah, we’ve got a team coming all the way from Boston!! wooohooo!

Looking around Memorial Gym, it reminded me much of the Welsh-Ryan Arena at Northwestern Univ., where the Motorola Midwest Regional was held.

Get this… the pits will be located about 30 feet from the playing field! Competing teams will be able to be in their pits and watch matches at the SAME TIME!

So, even if your team isn’t playing, c’mon down to Kokomo and watch a great competition.

Andy