Infinite Recharge at Home - Scoring

Hey everyone!

I’ve been taking a closer look at the Infinite Recharge at Home Scoring and, to put it bluntly, it’s confusing. I get how the outlier test and computed score range is calculated, but that’s about it. Can someone give a quick explanation of how it works?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The main idea is your score is based on how much above or below you are from the average of your group in each individual task. This means that their is a maximum to how high you can score. Think of a curved test

Additionally your score is based on your top 3 scoring tasks.

2 Likes

I noticed that it said only your top 3 scoring tasks mattered. I thought this didn’t make sense, though. Why not just do 3 of the 5, the ones you are best at? It’s also weird considering that you can get assigned a minimum score for a task if you don’t do it.

The scoring breaks down that the winner gets 150 points, and everyone else gets points based around that (subject to the outlier test giving lower teams a full 150 too). You don’t know which ones you’re going to do best at relative to them.

Citation needed. Power Port Challenge and Interstellar Accuracy Challenge require a score above 0 in order to count, and it’s ambiguous for the other three.

You may not know what you are best at as “best” is relative to how the other teams in your group score.

The minimum score is in case you can only do 1 or 2 of the tasks, you still get to compete, you just get the min score for the 1 or 2 tasks missing.

2 Likes