info on all UTC Sponsored teams

Alright, I could have done this by checking through all the lists but that would have been horrifically time consuming. So instead I will ask everyone else.

I am trying to make a list of all the UTC sponsored teams. Why? Because at some point I got into a discussion with tetraman about UTC teams that won regionals. So I was wondering if any team that is UTC sponsored (even if you haven’t won anything ever, I don’t care) could tell us what your team number and name are and a little about your team including this year’s accomplishments and where you are from.

I will start with mine:

Team 175 BUZZ, We are from Enfield, CT. We are in our 11th year and are sponsored by UTC Hamilton SundStrand. Our greatest accomplishment is winning the National Chairman’s award in 2002. This year we won the Chesapeake Bay Regional. Most people know our yellow smile. :slight_smile:

If everyone else could please respond, that would be great. I’m trying to keep a list of all the UTC teams.

Edit: Here’s the list so far, please keep helping me add to it!
173 Rage, UTC Research Center
175 Buzz, UTC Hamilton SundStrand- 2006 Chesapeake Bay Regional Champions
176 A.C.E.S. High, UTC Hamilton SundStrand- 2006 UTC Regional Champions, 2006 BAE Regional Finalists
177 Bobcat Robotics, UTC Power- 2006 UTC Regional Champions, 2006 Philadelphia Regional Champions
178 Enforcers
179 Swamp Thing
180 S.P.A.M, UTC P&W Liquid Space Propulsion- 2006 Florida Regional Champions
181 Birds of Prey
195 Cyber Knights, UTC Hamilton SundStrand- 2006 UTC Regional Innovation in Control
839 Rosie Robotics

Team 173, RAGE (Robotics And Gadget Engineering) has been around since the 1995 competition, which would make this our 12th year. We are sponsored primarily by United Technologies Research Center. In 1995 the team was known as the COBRAS (Coalition Of Businesses, Researchers And Students). In 1996 we were 'Spirit of ‘96’. In 1997 the team finally became known as RAGE.
Our biggest accomplishment is winning the National Championship in 2002.

some other utc teams are 176 180 1124 and 177

177 is sponsered by UTC power and has won both the utc and philly regional this year!!! :slight_smile:
our bot can score 3 pointers, 1 pointers and ramp. we are using 6 wheel drive with traction wheels

good job all utc teams!!

Team #177 Bobcat Robotics has been around since 1995, this is our 12th year in the FIRST program. We are sponsored by UTC Power (formerly known as UTC Fuel Cells) which is in South Windsor Connecticut. We officially became known as “the bobcats” in 1998. Our most successful feat was in 2001 when we made it to the quarterfinals at nationals.

This year, so far we have won the UTC regional as the 5th alliance captain, and won the Philadelphia Regional being the 3rd pick.

If you want any more information, please see http://www.swindsor.k12.ct.us/highschool/bobcats/index.shtml

-Kim

We’ve also been Number 1 seed nationally in '98 at nationals winning both the regional quality award in NH and National one in Disney

Hi,

Team S.P.A.M (180) formed in 1997, so this is our 9th year of competition. Our principal sponser is P&W Liquid Space Propulsion in West Palm Beach, FL. In 2002 we won the Florida Regional (then held at KSC) and at Nationals, we made it to the finals where we lost to none other than R.A.G.E

This year we once again won the Florida Regional, with our alliance partners - 79 (KRUNCH) and 1649(Lakerbotix). Hope to see you all in Atlanta!

For more details and pics, please check out our website:
SPAM_robotics

Thanks,
Eric

Team 176 Aces High, we represent Windsor Locks and Suffield CT high schools. Hamilton Sundstrand is our primary UTC sponsor and Pratt and Whitney World Wide Repair also support us.

This is our 11th year. We won the National Championship in 1999. Our lead engineer, Dave Leenhouts won the Woodie Flowers award at the UTC regional last year. We have won a wide variety of the other awards at regional and national competitions.

This year our coach is one of the drivers from 1999. Our base driver for this years robot also drove us to victory at the 2004 BAE regional and to the finals of the 2004 Newton Field. This combination has led to success in 2006 at BAE (finalist) and UTC (winners with UTC partners 177 and 1124) :slight_smile:

The time and energy put in by the engineers from UTC has been inspiring for our team and based on the success of the other teams, they have been inspiring there too. We are lucky to have such strong engineering partnerships and we should always remember the thank the engineers and machinists who help us every year.

We are Team 195, and this is our first year of UTC sponsorship. We are sponsored by Hamilton-Sundstrand in Enfield, CT.

This year, we won the Innovation in Control award at the UTC regional. All work on the robot was done by students, including programming.

We have never won a regional ( :ahh: Get That!), and our highest place in an event was finalist at UTC and SPBPLI in 2002.

We are Team 230, the Gaelhawks, sponsored by Sikorsky Aircraft a division of UTC. Our rookie year was 1999. Although my history may be a little lean on the early years our list of accomplishments includes:

2006 Las Vegas GM Industrial Design Award Winner
2006 UTC Regional Finalist
2006 Las Vegas Finalist
2005 UTC Regional Animation Winner
2005 UTC Regional Regional Finalist
2005 UTC Regional Safety Award winner
2005 Championship Division Finalist
2004 UTC New England Winner
2004 UTC Engineering Inspiration winner
2004 UTC Regional Animation Winner
2003 UTC Chairman’s Award Winner
2003 UTC Autodesk Visualization Finalist
2003 Philadelphia Alliance Daimler-Chrysler Team Spirit
2002 UTC Regional Finalist
2002 UTC Regional Xerox Creativity Award
2002 Championship Division Finalist
2002 SBPLI Long Island Regional Delphi "Driving Tomorrow’s Technology” Award
2002 SBPLI Long Island Regional Finalist
2001 UTC Regional Finalist
1999 UTC Rookie All Star
1999 UTC Regional Finalist

With the 2004 UTC Chairman’s Award our proudest accomplishment.

Some of the “finalist” entries are due to being picked. We always seem to be the bridesmaid but never the bride.

We are team 1493 this is our 3rd year of FIRST and all three years we have been UTC regionals. We are from Albany, NY- sponsors are Rensselaer Poly. Tech. Ins, National Grid…

2004- won rookie all-star, and competed at nationals Atlanta
2005- Xerox creativity award

Very small resume compared to many of the teams here, but we are just getting the ball rolling

My team is the Northern Knights, Team 296, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This year, for the first time, we are sponsored in part by Pratt & Whitney.

We haven’t won any regionals this year or ever, but we did pick up a Judges’ Award and a Visualisation Award at BAE this year, and a second Visualisation and a RadioShack at the GTR.

I don’t think 1124 is active on Cheif Delphi, but they won the UTC New England Regional with us. They’re sponsored by UTC Fire and Security.

Here is the list so far, correct me if I’m wrong and help me keep adding!
73 Rage, UTC Research Center
176 A.C.E.S. High, UTC Hamilton SundStrand- 2006 UTC Regional Champions, 2006 BAE Regional Finalists
177 Bobcat Robotics, UTC Power- 2006 UTC Regional Champions, 2006 Philadelphia Regional Champions
178 Enforcers
179 Swamp Thing
180 S.P.A.M, UTC P&W Liquid Space Propulsion- 2006 Florida Regional Champions
181 Birds of Prey
195 Cyber Knights, UTC Hamilton SundStrand- 2006 UTC Regional Innovation in Control
230 Gaelhawks, UTC Sikorsky Aircraft- 2006 Las Vegas Finalists and GM Industrial Design Award Winner
296 Northern Knights, UTC Pratt & Whitney 2006 BAE Regional Judges’ Award and Autodesk Visualization Award, 2006 Greater Toronto Regional Autodesk Visualization Award and Radio Shack
Innovation in Control Award
839 Rosie Robotics
1124 Uberbots, UTC Fire and Security- UTC New England Regional Champions

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

571 is Team Paragon, based out of Windsor, CT. Our primary sponsor is UTC Otis Elevators.

2004 - UTC Champions
2005 - Philly Judges’ and Spirit Awards
2006 - UTC Spirit Award
2006 - Boston Motorola Quality and Safety Awards

Caroline,

I collected this from my archives:

Team Name UTC Business Unit Comment
22 H.O.M.E.R Pratt & Whitney Potentially sponsored by UTC - ex Boeing/Rocketdyne
173 R.A.G.E. Research Center
174 Artic Warriors Carrier
175 Buzz Hamilton Sundstrand
176 Aces High Hamilton Sundstrand
177 Bobcat Robotics UT Power
178 Enforcers Otis
179 SwampThing Pratt & Whitney
180 S.P.A.M Pratt & Whitney
181 Birds of Prey Pratt & Whitney
195 Cyber Knights Hamilton Sundstrand
230 Gaelhawks Sikorsky Aircraft
296 Northern Knights Pratt & Whitney Canada No UTC mention on the website
546 Technotics Sikorsky Aircraft Merged with Team 491 in 2004
571 Paragon Otis
704 South Grand Prairie Pratt & Whitney
839 Rosie Robotics Hamilton Sundstrand
999 C.R.A.S.H. Sikorsky Aircraft
1028 Ubergeeks Pratt & Whitney
1124 Uberbots UT Fire and Security
1334 OTHS Robotics Otis
1415 Patriot Robotics Pratt & Whitney
1501 T.H.R.U.S.T. Carrier

236 Techno Ticks Previously sponsored by Sikorsky Aircraft
269 Cooney Robotics Previously sponsored by Hamilton Sundstrand/Falk Corp.
535 Hamilton Sundstrand Not active in 2006, assumed sponsored by HSD, mentored by Joel Boucher
933 Trigos Hamilton Sundstrand Not active in 2006

1493 Albany High School-left off both lists above

174, Arctic Warriors, UTC Carrier Corporation and Liverpool High School.

2006 Buckeye Regional Champions.

We were origionaly started as a different team, but after that team ran out of support, the Carrier mentors turn to our school, and for the nine years we have been in FIRST, the past two years have never been better. We won the New England Rookie All-Star award in out rookie year, but with the diminshing of school-wide support, we hang by a thread. Won Team Spirit Award last year, and since than, we have turned our attention to finding ways to make ourselves more known in the Robotics community.

Here is the list so far, correct me if I’m wrong and help me keep adding!
173 Rage, UTC Research Center
174 Arctic Warriors, UTC Carrier Corporation-2006 Buckeye Regional Champions
178 Enforcers, UTC Otis Elevators- 2006 UTC Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
179 Swamp Thing
180 S.P.A.M, P&W Liquid Space Propulsion- 2006 Florida Regional Champions
181 Birds of Prey-2006 UTC Regional Finalists, 2006 Chesapeake Bay Regional Finalists
*195 Cyber Knights, UTC Hamilton SundStrand- 2006 UTC Regional Innovation in Control
230 Gaelhawks, UTC Sikorsky Aircraft- 2006 Las Vegas Finalists and GM Industrial Design Award Winner
296 Northern Knights, Pratt & Whitney 2006 BAE Regional Judges’ Award and Autodesk Visualization Award, 2006 Greater Toronto Regional Autodesk Visualization Award and Radio Shack
Innovation in Control Award
546 Technotics, UTC Sikorsky Aircraft
571 Paragon, UTC Otis Elevators- 2006 UTC Spirit Award, 2006 Boston Motorola Quality and Safety Awards
*839 Rosie Robotics, UTC Hamilton SundStrand-2006 UTC Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers Entrepreneurship Award
809-??
999 C.R.A.S.H. UTC Sikorsky Aircraft
1124 Uberbots, UTC Fire and Security- UTC New England Regional Champions
1334 OTHS Robotics, UTC Otis Elevators
1501 T.H.R.U.S.T, UTC Carrier

*=Supported team rather than having a major UTC sponsor.

I’m thinking…UTC teams need to get together…and party like robots.

i am on team 22 and we are not sponsored by any of those companies we were once but now anymore…