I’ve heard from a lot of teams that the Innovation Challenge is daunting to them due to the openness of the challenge. It can be hard to come up with a good idea when you don’t have any clue where to start. I’d love to provide a forum for people to put the ideas that they aren’t using for their Innovation Challenge submission to help inspire other teams.
4607’s motto is literally:
It’s right on the front page of our website…
It would be awesome to help lower the barrier to entry for this challenge, and facilitate more team participation by collaborating and inspiring each other. An idea you think might be bad, could very well inspire a world-changing idea for another team.
Here are a few thoughts to kick this off:
- New prosthetic limb designs
- Exoskeletons for disabled individuals
- Specialized wheel chairs
- A new mechanism to keep people physically active while they’re sitting at a desk/working
- An “active chair” that facilitates activity while you’re sitting in it
- A robotic chicken that drives around in random directions that you need to chase/catch like that scene from Rocky
- A pitching machine Roomba - basically a pitching machine that picks up all the baseballs/softballs when you’re done using it
- A pacer robot for cross country/track and field - something where you can set the pace to a certain speed and then try to keep up with it while running