insomnia before kickoff

alright, is it just me or were you guys not able to sleep also?

i know it’s first kickoff i’m attending(although this is my 3rd year with FRC), but this is ridiculous!! i can’t sleep!

i had to wake up before 5:30 since our local kickoff starts at 6:30, and i worried that i might not be up by then cuz i’ve been waking up like 11 to noon-ish

but apparently, i won’t have to worry about that.

I think i got 3 hrs of sleep at the max.

I tried to go to bed at around 10:30, but I just ended up lying there until 3:30. I got up at around 4:00, and I need to be out the door by 5:30.

Basically, I kept coming up with reasons why our kickoff plans could fail. We have to drive about an hour to the Corvallis kickoff, and there was a possibility that the roads would be too icy to drive.

Thankfully we have good weather, so I won’t have to have the entire team at my house at 6:30.

Welcome to FIRST!

I still, after 8 years of running a team, get excited at KO! Stay excited.

hey~ I’m going to OSU local kickoff too!

i guess we’ll meet there huh

It wasn’t that bad my first three years…

You did this to me Chief Delphi! You and your countdown!

Kickoff, regionals, championship, any offseason event I work(ed)…welcome to the club!

Normal Regional Sleep Schedule:
Tuesday (night) - little
Wednesday - less
Thursday - none (usually finishing up paperwork for the next day)
Friday - little
Saturday - get to bed late, and then sleep half of Sunday away…

I was able to get a full night’s sleep last night–mainly because I’d more or less exhausted myself during the week. (Work hard, vacation harder.)

That said, I’m giddy as heck. Is it noon yet?

I had no more insomnia than normal. Attempted sleep around midnight, woke up at 3 am and twiddled my thumbs watching the clock tick.

Oh yeah, I forced myself 3/4th’s of the way asleep but my brain cycled through the “kick off” about five times, starting over just when the game was about to be released (I guess I’m not imaginative enough to invent FIRST games in my sleep).

I suppose it is not wise to watch too many animal shows on tv during the holidays - then you have dreams of robots, prairie dogs, mounds, holes, and craziness. Although, you do tend to wake yourself up laughing and amazed at the robotic maneuvers.

…not that I would know anything about that.

I had a dream the other night that we had to build a robotic submacopter–and then half of the dream was about trying to get windriver installed, which is probably not a good omen

I’ve been suffering from insomnia over the last year (I wake up at 2 or 3 am every night it seems. So last night was no different for me.

I just discovered that the best way to make sure you sleep before kickoff is to get sick the day before.

I have gotten about 5 hours sleep and am trying to keep myself awake.

It is 3:30AM :yikes: here so I’ll think I’ll watch the announcement then go back to bed and read the manual later.

our team was unable to compete this year… but we had a kickoff party that started at 7:30pm HST Jan2… no body has gone to sleep yet!!! its 4:37! am :smiley:

lots of gaming and movie watching!!! we cant wait!!! 20mins!!! :smiley:

I didn’t get much sleep either, I was at my school at 5:45. A bunch of people on my team didn’t get much sleep, weve all just been waiting for this!!