Inspection Sheet

Has anybody seen the updated SAMPLE inspection sheet.

I am wondering what they will looking for.

I know in the past the inspection sheets did not follow all the rules.

One rule I would like to know is the one about having the team number on all four sides of the robot.

In the past inspection sheet only asked if you have had only 2 numbers at 180 deg. apart. and the rules said to have four.

http://jive.ilearning.com/thread.jsp?forum=2&thread=1733&message=4200

Make sure you follow all rules and you will pass inspection, simple as that. If you fail inspection, cite the rules, and you’ll pass (if you do conform to the rule that is).

“In the past inspection sheet only asked if you have had only 2 numbers at 180 deg. apart. and the rules said to have four.”
The inspection sheet is a tool to see that your bot conforms to all the rules. Just like any tool, it is not useful in every situation. It won’t cover each and every rule perfectly.

You can pass inspection and still be in violation of the rules, it’s happened before. If how you “sneek” past the inspection, intentionally or not, gives you an advantage in the competition, another team may tell a referee on you, and you will be disabled from matches or not allowed on the field until you can fix the problem.

Gadget470:
I think that Joe meant to say by posting his link that the inspection sheet in the manual is the inspection sheet from 2002, not 2003. As stated in FIRST’s answer that Joe linked, the inspection sheet may not be available until the actual competitions begin. Also, keep in mind that FIRST is reserving the right to re-inspect teams at random during the course of the 3 day competitions this season.

Mike Norton:
M7 (as brought to my attention by Katie Reynolds) states that “Teams must display their Team Number in four locations at approximately 90-degree intervals around the side of the robot. The numerals must be at least 4 inches high, at least in ½ inch stroke width and in a contrasting color from its background. Team Numbers must be clearly visible from a distance of not less than 100 feet.” The fact that the word “four” is underlined, most likely, means that FIRST means all 4 sides. Or if your robot has more or less than 4 sides, your team number should have a team number viewable from 4 different locations “at approximately 90-degree intervals around the side of the robot.” At least, that’s how I’d read it.