Inter-team relationships

This year on the team, alot of newbs joined the team… this raised the number of females on the team and now there is all this junk flying back in forth about who likes who and who is the cutest and all sorts of stuff.
Its mixing me up so I just want to know if this goes on in other teams as well.

this might be a bad subject but hey…

Our team has a policy w/ showing affection - it “includes but is not limited to hand-holding.” Basically, they don’t wanna see it. This is actually a good thing though, because we don’t have to worry about it during the robotics season or on trips.

What you described would be more accurately called an intra-team relationship, for what it’s worth.

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**What you described would be more accurately called an intra-team relationship, for what it’s worth. **

Pickey, pickey, pickey…

Will there ever ben an end Krass? :smiley:

*Originally posted by Matt Attallah *
**Pickey, pickey, pickey…

Will there ever ben an end Krass? :smiley: **

Only when education isn’t valued. :wink:

We only have drama like that during the six weeks, we dont see each other enough during the year. But during the six-weeks, yup, major drama. Out of state regionals are usually filled the most “events”. It is all CRAAAAAAAAZY! But hey, the drama is what makes it all interesting!

We’ve had intra-team relationships in the past and it’s never really been a problem. Most people stick with the, “if I would do this in front of my grandmother, it’s ok to do it here!” thing. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**Only when education isn’t valued. :wink: **

Yet you missed ‘alot’ v. a lot?

WEhat the kids do outside of the site is their business but at the site and on team business they are to behave themselves. My missus will see to that.

Speaking from expierience (and previously the only girl on my former team), team relationships just don’t work. They get very ugly, and FIRST is something where you had better be able to get along with everyone on your team, and sometimes relationships cause big issues.

My former team didn’t have any relationships (except mine shudders). :frowning:

My new team, nope. None whatsoever (none that I know of at least). Let’s just hope it stays that way.

-jill

*Originally posted by Jillian B. *
Speaking from expierience (and previously the only girl on my former team), team relationships just don’t work.

Amen to that.

yeah, not much of a problem on an all girls team. guess thats a perk?

Aparently, ive been told that dating another team member is just like dating a co-worker, you just don’t do it.

well…

in 2001 on my former team, i guess at nationals there was some “action” going on. which pretty soon was found out about, and all relationships inter-team were haulted. some people just like to ruin it for everyone

I’m just going to say it’s not a good idea… for several reasons I care not to mention. Let’s just say one almost worked out… but I’m glad the season was over by that point…

Hehe, this year will be fun for me…

Last year, one of the girls on my team apparently was like, completely fallen for me, and I didn’t really like her, nor did I really want a relationship at the moment or, even worse, on the team. So, I played along for a bit, and then realized it was never going to work, so I “broke her heart” (depends who you ask), and as far as I know she’s hated me since.

That was, um, last March, and I’ve managed to avoid her for the most part, and all I can say is I find it hilarious, but it makes my job harder now because now I have to be political and whatnot.

But, oh well, it’s not exactly a huge problem, more of a minor annoyance, but I’m pretty sure that there won’t be any (hopefully) relationships this year, cause it just makes a mess.

A very wise female I know once posted this:

RULES FOR DATING WITHIN FIRST

And the whole thread this was posted in is basically about the same topic!!