Introducing FLL 2020 Game: CITY SHAPER

The board was just revealed via Twitch. This year, John Deere has joined as a sponsor. Let the FRC rumors fly!

3 Likes

" Architecture, urban design, landscape design, science and technology."

1 Like

FLL Jr. Game: Boomtown Build

2 Likes

We’re getting another stacking game, aren’t we.

3 Likes

Any pics or video clips? This sounds like an awesome theme.

1 Like
2 Likes

@SergeantSpork5853, that’s the video that has been available for months. @Akash_Rastogi in the link I shared, you can see the full board and name of the game which was released today.

4 Likes

I am a severe late comer.

1 Like

furiously searching for a downvote button

6 Likes

cannot wait for a Cities:Skylines-themed game

2 Likes
Screenshots of board

2 Likes

If they stick with all four programs with the same theme again… can we get a public transportation based FRC game?

@ all the NUMTOTs who have already posted in this thread

1 Like
Official photos from LEGO Education on Facebook

1 Like

Remember that most seasons have not had integrated game themes across all levels of FIRST. 2019 was the first time this has been done, and they stated it was to mark the 50th anniversary of the Apollo missions. It remains to be seen if FRC will share a thematic base with FLL in 2020.

I LOVE this idea!

1 Like

I suspect a few teams are going to have some unexpected drop tests when practicing on that bridge…

Is the mat smaller than in previous years?

1 Like

Yes it is. Table is the same size, mat is smaller.

From the newly updated FLL website:

What if you could build a better world? Where would you begin?

More than ever, we must come together to innovate and solve problems. In FIRST, you are part of a thriving community brimming with inspiration, creativity, and hope for a stronger, more sustainable future—one that’s built better together. You have the power to help the cities, towns, and places you call home reach new heights. With the support of the FIRST community, this is your opportunity to lead our future forward—and up.

CITY SHAPER SM coming in August 2019.