Intuitive Foundation Grant Application Now Open

The Intuitive Foundation Application for the 2019-2020 season is open from now until October 13!

From the application portal:

The Intuitive Foundation is proud to offer grant opportunities for FIRST high school robotics teams around the world. We are committed to developing tomorrow’s science and technology leaders. The purpose of these grants is to encourage student interest and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities. We support teams that promote and inspire interest in STEM among their team members and the broader community.

Awards are conferred on a competitive basis by submission of a grant application.

The Intuitive Foundation will review each application and evaluate teams based on the following criteria:

1. The team must have competed in at least one official robotic competition (e.g. FIRST-sponsored FRC, FTC, etc.).
  2. The team exposes students to STEM who would otherwise not have access.
  3. The team multiplies the impact of our investment by promoting interest in STEM outside of their organization.
  4. The team fosters growth and development of future scientists and engineers through well developed and successful teams.

Teams can apply at: https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_6044?SA=SNA&FID=35052

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

I created an account to look through the application, but there doesn’t seem to be any information on the amount of the grant or the number of grants awarded. Do you happen to have this information?

Also, there is a field asking if there are Intuitive mentors with the team. Do you know how heavily this weighs on the application?

Disclaimer: all info in this response is based on how it worked last year, I haven’t received any official info for this year besides the application so take it with a grain of salt

Last year we awarded roughly forty $1,000 grants to FRC teams, and a couple $500 grants to FTC teams. I’ve heard that this year we may have more money to give out, but I don’t know whether it would go to sponsoring more teams, or more money per team (or both).

It certainly helps to have a mentor who works at Intuitive, but it’s weighted far less heavily than the four criteria I quoted from the first page of the application. We like to support teams our employees work with, but last year there were only about a dozen of them, and around 40 grants to award. So it’s definitely still worth applying if you don’t have an Intuitive mentor.

Hello,
I tried to apply above link but it doesn’t work, Could you please check or correct it?
Thank you.

Link worked for me.

The link works for me as well. I’ll DM you and see if we can troubleshoot.

Thank you for your interest. I have sent to you my screenshot when I press the link.

I just went to the address in your screenshot and got the same error message. Try adding 6044 after the final =, this fixed it for me. I don’t know why the link is redirecting you to the wrong place but works for others.

Or try copy-pasting https://www.grantrequest.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2Fapplication.aspx%3FSA%3DSNA%26FID%3D35052%26sid%3D6044&SA=SNA&FID=35052&sid=6044 into your address bar, this is where the link redirects me normally which looks slightly different from the address in your screenshot.

Thank you very much @snichols. The link is working.