iPhone Scouting Application-Preview Release

A few people on my team have iPod touches, so I’ve been working on a scouting app only for jailbroken iPhones and iPods (I know 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 work, but haven’t tested 1.1.3 or 1.1.4).

I think it’s ready for a preview, and might be “ready” for this weeks regionals.

To install, add http://vthsrobotics.org/repo/repo.xml to your installer sources, and install iScout under the FIRST category.
You must have the Jiggy Runtime Environment installed (jiggyapp.com)

ipod1.jpg ipod2.jpg

What things would scouts want in a program like this?
TODO
*All of the team numbers corresponding to regionals
*Numerical data (laps, hurdles, etc.)
*Web data/sync (time permitting)

UPDATES
*Added Non-Functional, Incomplete Competition Section
*Fixed 1.1.3 Bug
*Team Numbers DO NOT correspond to competition yet.

current version .4

ipod1.jpg
ipod2.jpg

ipod1.jpg
ipod2.jpg

Awesome. Make it sync to a central server.

It doesn’t appear to work in 1.1.4. I don’t know much about how all this stuff works, but I installed it and it didn’t show up.

Anyway, my biggest preference would be to have numbers instead of a rating system. Each person rates robots slightly differently and it makes for inconsistencies in the information.
Keep up the great work.

I think I might have fixed that uninstall and then install. I also added the values next to the sliders.

I’m going to try to get it to actually work first :rolleyes: but that is an idea in my head. Maybe even get data from TBA API :eek:

I installed jiggy runtime, but it still won’t work. any suggestions?

what firmware are you running?

i’m on 1.1.3 and its not showing up for me, I installed Jiggy runtime and Jiggy first, its not showing up when I install it.

okay I’ll start working on the 1.1.3/4 bug

I’d suggest allow fields to numerically track how many laps / hurdles / lines crossed etc. At the end of the day, numerical data is almost as important as the human’s opinion.

Someone with 1.1.3/4 try it again.

I will add numerical data soon.

this looks awesome!

Our team actually did the same thing!
Hopefully we can get ours to work just as well!

From what I can see, it works perfectly in 1.1.3 using the Official iPhone Dev Team’s jailbreak.

One thing I do find annoying is the list of numbers. Could you possibly make that a list categorized by the name of the team and a button in the top right hand corner to add a new team?

I was planning to have pre-made lists of teams and have the user pick their regional.

I’m on 1.1.4 as I type this and its saying ‘package download failed’

I’m on 1.1.2

I’ve heard of problems with 1.1.4, and heard of a 1.1.4 compatibility patch which makes installer.app act as a 1.1.3, but since I’m running 1.1.2 I can’t really test that. (yes too many versions in one sentence.)

hmmm double check that you have it installed, if you do try reinstalling along with the Jiggy IDE and see what happens.

working under 1.1.3 now!

excuse to buy the team 6 iphones!

anyone happen to have a spreadsheet with every team going to each regional handy :yikes:

blaxbb,

why dont you just get them from the FIRST website?!?

http://www.usfirst.org/community/frc/regionalevents.aspx?id=430