Iri - 2024!

The Hackbots are excited to compete at IRI for the first time!

Couple of questions: What is the pit size at IRI? Is there a map for load in and trailer parking?

4 Likes

@Chris_Fultz Do you know which batch of notes will be used for IRI (soft vs firm notes)? Earlier events in the season used the soft notes while later events used firm notes, at least from what I observed in PNW. At Champs, the competition fields used the newer firm notes while the practice fields only had soft notes (this was not ideal but better than a mix of both batches on the comp fields at least).

The different density notes do behave in noticeably different ways, so knowing which ones to test/tune with ahead of time would be super helpful!

9 Likes

@Chris_Fultz was there a final call made on which radio you’ll be using this year?

New radios were confirmed via email.

1 Like

New radios!

2 Likes

PSA: Please ensure that you’re running the 1.1.2 firmware release that can be found here:

8 Likes

I see part of registration costs is to provide a backpack plus elementary school supplies. Do you have a list of desired/needed school supplies we should include?

Thanks

Looks like there’s a list of items at the bottom of this page

Backpacks
Pencils
Notebooks
Folders
Crayons
Pencil boxes
Colored pencils
Highlighters
Pens
Pencil sharpeners
Scissors
Glue sticks
Ruler with inches and centimeters
Erasers
Loose-leaf paper
Washable markers
Tissues

1 Like

I know historically they have done this and I have been checking all the registration emails for details but dont see anything. Where did you find it?

I saw the requirement at the main page below the registration fee - 2024 IRI – Indiana Robotics Invitational
72 – 76 Teams
$1000 Entry Fee
Plus Backpack and School Supplies for an Elementary School Child

2 Likes

Yes, we request a backpack as part of the registration.

Contents list posted above is good, but not all of that is required, just suggested items.

The kids and schools really appreciate everything that is donated.

6 Likes

Will IRI be webcast this year? The website currently has a broken link for the webcast.

Upcoming Broadcasts - ISC Sports Network

Looks like ISC Sports Network is streaming it.

4 Likes

Does the venue have air conditioning?

Yes for both pits and stands from my experience

1 Like

Lawrence Central has just gone though a massive renovation.

Don’t go to the wrong school :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have have some WCP swag goodies to hand out to people if you come find me this weekend. While supplies last! (Lots of corgis)

Update: I packed a sling bag with all of it and then forgot to grab it when I left, sorry everyone :frowning:

13 Likes

Dudes out here slinging puppys folks!

7 Likes

I forgot my hoodie at home, but have some lobster gear and 321 merch. Anyone have a cool XL/2XL hoodie available for trade? :eyes:

Speaking of swag… I’ve got some exclusive TBA stickers, as well as REV, ThriftyBot, and AndyMark stickers/swag from Ri3D.

I’ll be in a Cranberry Alarm shirt tonight, or come find me some time this weekend in 1741’s pit between matches.

Looking forward to competing with you all this weekend!

1 Like