IRI Hotels - 2012 Challenges

There are several youth events going on the same weekend of the 2012 IRI and two of them are in the same general area as Lawrence North. Rooms at the closest hotels are nearly full.

**Please start looking now to get rooms booked. **

For those new to the IRI, you want to try and stay in the area near 82nd street and I-69 on the northeast side of Indianapolis. There are many hotels within 5 - 10 miles. Look around 82nd and Keystone, 82nd and Arlington, I69 and 82nd, I69 and 96th and I69 and 116th streets. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.

We do have a few rooms blocked at the Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express, but they were booked up months ago for the other events so there are not many on the block (<10 each).

If you find good rooms and good rates, please add to this thread so others can utilize the same hotels.

Hilton Garden Inn
9785 North by Northeast Blvd.
Fishers, IN 46037
Phone: 317-577-5900
Fax: 317-577-1111

Holiday Inn Express
9790 North by Northeast Blvd
Fishers, IN 46037
Phone: 317-578-2000 x 376
Fax: 317-578-1111

3098 needs 6-7 rooms. We’ve been looking, and it’s not looking good. I would hate to miss IRI due to no lodging! We don’t have the budget for $170-$200 a night.

There’s actually several hotels in the area that have rooms blocked for IRI. We were told by a lot of hotels that they were booked during the weekend of IRI and when we told them we were coming for IRI, they said they had rooms blocked for that event. We were able to book 4 or 5 rooms at the Spring Hill Suites for $109/night.

Try calling around and tell them you’re coming for IRI.

You can try the Super 8 Castleton (I-69 and East 82nd), but I think the teams from my neck of the woods commandeered a great deal of the suite-style rooms. Can’t hurt to check. Sub $100 rates.

Super 8 Castleton
7202 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46256
(317) 841-8585

Ask for Diane. She is always helpful.

Would people that have already tried booking hotels please post the hotels that are “full”

Thanks!

Team Driven booked rooms at the same Super 8 Travis mentioned but on May 18 we grabbed all they had left of the non-smoking double rooms and non-smoking suites.

We stayed there last year as well and recall quite a few FIRST teams being there but good luck to everyone.

There’s an Extended Stay very near the event I stayed at last year for $70 a night.

233 is staying there too!

There is a cluster of hotel-motels at the I-70/I-465 intersection. Under 10 miles, 2 exits, from Lawrence North HS.
I got 8 rooms at $94 at the Ramada, using Expedia and paying in advance. No breakfast included, but nice rooms & a pool. NU-Trons (125) might be staying there too, I think. We’ll be sharing a bus from New England.

I booked rooms at the Suburban Extended Stay (on Bash Street) yesterday afternoon for $89 plus taxes per night. First one that I found under $100 range for our travel budget. I have never stayed at these before and hoping it will be fine. The desk clerk tells me it is about a 10 minute ride away from IRI tournament. Good luck to other teams for finding their rooms.

Has anyone had any luck at the Drury Inn? I know its pretty close by, im gonna call tomorrow to see if there is any rooms available also.

Thanks

I tried booking Drury online and it said it was full. I didn’t call though.

I’m planning to head out to my first IRI solely to volunteer. I have a couple local teams I’m going to talk to this week, but just figured I’d get a head start. Do any teams or other volunteers happen to have extra space in one of your hotel rooms and are willing to help out a volunteer in need? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if there are any New England area teams or volunteers that will be driving out, I’m still looking for transportation as well.

Thanks!

I got a block of 10 rooms at the Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis at $84.15 a night plus tax. They had rooms still available and it looks pretty nice and has good reviews on trip advisor, which I live by when I travel. It’s about 15 minutes away, but we can live with that.

Here’s the info:
Baymont Inn and Suites Indianapolis
84.15 – a night plus tax.
1540 Brookville Crossing Way
Indianapolis , IN 46239 US

Link to hotel website

Thanks… BX just booked there too.