Is easyC compatible with windows vista

thinking about updating my laptop but i have the only programming software is it compatible with vista

As of today, easyC is not supported for use in Vista. However, we have heard from some customers who have been able to get it running by changing the executable file to be compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 2. Installing it on Vista is at your own risk, but if you get it running let us know!

JAB

I was able to get it installed and running under windows Vista. I actually did not find any issues with doing it.

However, we have since switched over the programming to MPLABs, so I have not used it for a few weeks now.

What sort of problems are you running into?

Paul C. Tan., P.Eng.,
Electrical Engineer
Mentor

I’m running Vista right now. easyC installed straight up and I havent had a problem with it yet.

EDIT: Then again, I am using the checked version of Vista with debug symbols. The operating system crashes every 10 minutes, so I dont know if I can give a good outlook on the situation. Stupid MSDN and their foolery.

I found that it does work with some fiddeling, I haven’t really done that much with it yet, but I’m pretty sure it at least works

I’m running easyC Pro with the RTM version of Vista. It seems to be working for me on a dell laptop.

i’m running windows vista ultimate. installed easyC, no problems. my account is an administrator, so i don’t know if it works as a “user”.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROJECT, ESPECIALLY JUST BEFORE A MAJOR DEADLINE.

I know that MPLab/IFI Loader is ( Even though it was a pain to install on my laptop w/ Vista). I think EasyC woulod have some issues because of Vista’s Settings.

easyC may work, but beware! LabView doesnt!

It installs nice and everything but as soon as it trys to use your COM port, it bombs out. At least this was my experience.

Granted, I was using Vista RC1 on a MacBookPro with an unsupported USB->Serial Converter…:smiley:

And please don’t spend cough (waste) cough your money on vista, at least not until more stuff is compatible with it (i.e. software and hardware). I still dont understand the several hundred dollar price difference in different versions of the same OS…

Whatever. M$ ranting over

Jacob

Vista has some serial port issues
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1165762&SiteID=1