Is it legal to sit on somebody's shoulders and see over the sandstorm?

I know it is a silly question and if it was legal it probably wouldn’t provide much of an advantage, but is it against the rules for the driver to sit on somebody’s shoulders and see over the sandstorm during the first 15 seconds? Would things like stilts be against the rules and if you were 10 feet tall would you have to crouch? Just curious.

You are not allowed to peek past the sandstorm.

See H10

That would be incredibly dangerous, I can’t see any FTA allowing that. Regardless, H9 and H10 should shut this down pretty quickly.

Better “troll” question,
Is it legal to have someone on the drive team that is 6’9" that can just look over the wall?

H10. No peeking. During the SANDSTORM PERIOD, COACHES, DRIVERS, and HUMAN PLAYERS may not look over the top of the ALLIANCE WALL to overcome the effect of the SANDSTORM.

Someone tall would need to duck during the sandstorm

Watch the large video feed monitor if you don’t have on board video

We had a team member that was 6’7 one year, as our driver. He actually got down on his knees to drive because the wall obstructed his view too much.

Dang, guess I can return those size 17 platform shoes I ordered. (I’m 5’ 19")

nice

Dang! Our order for the drive team footwear has already shipped…

I don’t know that they would need to duck, maybe just not look over the wall. Regardless, I think you’d have to be like 8’ tall in order to actually have a viewing angle that was useful. I wonder how much farther above the player station wall the sandstorm blinds go - from the video I’d think it’s got to be at least 6 inches.

I wonder how much farther above the player station wall the sandstorm blinds go - from the video I’d think it’s got to be at least 6 inches.

the blinds end about 4 inches above the alliance station wall, there is a roller going across the top of the alliance wall, with a bag motor and planetary gearbox driving the roller to wind the curtain up and down, it adds 5-6 inches max.

it’s fine as long as you have a trench coat and can convince everyone else that you are in fact, one person and not multiple children on each other’s shoulders in a trenchcoat.

This is surprisingly legal by the rules

Have you read H10?

Or have a guy in the stands with flags or a traffic light.

I would absolutely love if someone tried to Vincent Adultman their robot driver.