Is it legal?

Hello all! I was wondering if you could clarify something for me… Is it legal to have the “working” pressure regulator(the one branching off the air tanks connected to the compressor) after the solenoid(which will be going to a piston)?

No. Please read the manual. If you search for regulator, you’ll find that in R78, pneumatic components must be set up like in the picture, and the regulator is before the solenoid.

OK Thank you. There were several debates on the team and we were trying to just sort it out.

No problem. :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, you can add more than one regulator if you wanted.

So, the beginning of the pneumatic system must look like the picture EXACTLY? (In a situation where the everything is on-board the robot)

Correct–within reason; after all, you are mounting this thing on a rather cramped robot, so we’ll understand it not being totally picture-perfect.

By the way, I noticed that one of your teammates posted a similar question to Q&A earlier today. That’ll be a much more official word than CD, but I’d be willing to bet that they say the same thing.

Of course. That team member was me, we were just trying to clarify before too long a time has passed. Thank you for clarifying.

Essentially yes. Of course, the tubes will likely be longer or shorter. Maybe more air tanks. But plumbing-wise, exactly.