Is it wrong to create a mechanism to strategically score in the upper port

Is it wrong to create a mechanism to strategically score in the upper port

It is arguably wrong not no, should you have the opportunity.

Not wrong at all. Scoring in the upper port is a strategy, and a rather effective one at that (particularly if you hit the Inner Port).

Creating a mechanism that violates rules while scoring in the upper port is an illegal strategy, however. :wink:

If you think you’re able to share a picture of the robot, we may be able to help you figure out what mechanisms might work for this. Personally, I’d be partial to tilting the shooter itself in some cases where the robot design allows for it–there’s several options there depending on type of shooter. Another favorite is an adjustable hood for the shooter (in case it’s a single-axle hooded type).

Another hint: Try the far corners of the zone you’re shooting from. It sounds to me like you’ve got a fixed shooter dialed in for long range; you may be able to put the robot in one of the far corners and get “close enough” either with the shooter as-is or without violating bumper rules.

1 Like

Isn’t that just a shooter???

1 Like

Ordinarily, I’d agree with you. That said, there’s some missing context that can be found in this thread that the OP started last night.

3 Likes

okay that makes a lot more sense.