Is there a maximum number of competitions a team can attend?

Alright, so I have been looking around the rules and blue alliance trying to find an answer to this question. Is there any limit to the number of competitions a team can attend? Obviously it is impossible to do more than one a week, but that is still a competition every week of the competition season (this does not include pre/post season). I am just asking out of personal curiosity as to what is allowed versus what is possible.

2 Likes

yes you can compete every week if you want to…

I know a few teams that competed every week from weeks 3-6 and then worlds as well

2 Likes

8 events is the max
9 if you count week 0 events

5 Likes

Do a competition Wensday- Friday and then Friday- Saterday and boom you can do 14 competitions a season :rofl:

8 Likes

Why do you feel it would be impossible to do more than one a week? Is there specifically a rule that states that?

5 Likes

probably cuz they run at the same time…

2 Likes

lol

If there’s no bag, and you build 2 robots…

10 Likes

Better yet, build 50 robots and compete in every competition every week

5 Likes

maybe you could next year, but this year no
and im not sure you can be at 2 events at once

This is an interesting question—can you compete at 2 competitions at the same time? Some teams could have the resources certainly.

1 Like

It may be possible to go to two events at once, but FIRST’s registration system won’t let you register for two events in the same week. So you won’t be able to actually register and play at two events in the same week.

4 Likes

I think money is the number one factor here. Even in a district system, district registrations are not cheap.

1 Like

Or could you compete at the same competition with yourself with another robot? That would be interesting as well.

1 Like

Ah, the fun removing the bag yields…

We fight the system. Make 50 teams just to compete in every comp every week.

3 Likes

several people are typing

4 Likes

No particular rule, just that there aren’t many competitions that take place on the early week days, it just seems like they are Wednesday through Saturday at the longest.

The only thing preventing teams from attending 2 events in the same week is the event registration system, which will prevent you from registering for a second event in the same week.

271 did sbpli1 and sbpli2 in the same week.

2 Likes