Is your team entering a submission for the Autodesk Inventor Award?

Is your team planning on entering a submission for the Autodesk Inventor Award?

Have you entered in the past?

Can you provide links to your past submissions?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Maddie is talking about the rendering of the robot in Inventor, not the animation award :smiley:

Psst… Maddie: can you put a maybe option? Im not sure if I know enough to do it yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Cory

I was supposed to turn it in last year, but by the time of the deadline, I still had little idea how to use Inventor.

Now, after one full semester of 80 Mins/day, I consider myself sufficient. If I don’t get completely disgusted with it, scream out in pain, and curl up and die before the competition. At least I won’t have to animate the hucking of boxes shudders

we dont’ know what’s going on with that…

We still haven’t gotten the software, and it’s several weeks into the building stage :smiley: That’s not cool…eh, oh well, what can we do?

I made a somewhat finished model of our robot last year… Dont remember the link but i can find it if anyone wants to look at it.

I doubt we are. We got a good (slim-looking) ProEngineer image of our bot thanks to Dave (one of our engineers), but I don’t think anyone submitted any work.

We’re going for it. We’ve got 90% of the bot modeled, and man, it looks nice…

Team 102 will be submitting the Inventor award. We have a class in school in which we use the program so it’s become considerably easier. Brilliant program, though. Has anyone else noticed how unstable R6 is?

-Chris

Team 75 is also joining the race. We barely placed top 5% out of the submissions last year. There are only 4 ppl on our Inventor team (0 engineers, 4 students) so it’s been pretty tough to get all our parts done. Anyone else having trouble importing autocad dwg’s to inventor without having inventor break up all the lines?

there has to be an alternative to manually closing those loops

JP

*Originally posted by jpren *
**Team 75 is also joining the race. We barely placed top 5% out of the submissions last year. There are only 4 ppl on our Inventor team (0 engineers, 4 students) so it’s been pretty tough to get all our parts done. Anyone else having trouble importing autocad dwg’s to inventor without having inventor break up all the lines?

there has to be an alternative to manually closing those loops

JP **

If you got a programmer on your team that uses C++ or something not PBASIC, then there’s a link over at www.gamedev.net that has all file formats that is freely available and not copyrighted.

We tried to import dwg’s in to Inventor, but it didnt really work, so we just took the printouts and rebuilt the parts. I think Autodesk makes it sound easy to bring them in. If so, how? It sure doesn’t work well on our machines.

what we ended up doing was just wblocking parts of our autocad files and using the “insert autocad file” feature in inventor. problem is: whenever things are imported in that manner, the lines are “construction lines” and are not connected. I wish Autodesk improved on their software interoperability in v6, but it’s just as bad as in v5 (though I do like the v6 interface a lot more than v5’s)

so much work, so little time

JP
AIM: JPRen2025