IT Revealed on the TODAY show?

Posted by Justin Stiltner at 03/06/2001 11:44 AM EST

Student on team #388, Epsilon, from Grundy High School and NASA, American Electric Power, Town of Grundy.

My mom woke me up early this morning and ask me if sombody on my television was Dean Caman. Which it wasent but the guy that was on there (he was from inside magizine) said that IT IS a scooter powered by a sterling engin. Then they showed a rendering of it from what looked like autocad but tere wasent many details. He also said that Dean Might get mad from him telling the world but he said that he was just confirming what everybody thought (the sterling engin and scooter thing). So what does everybody thing? hoax?
set up by Dean to trow everybody off?
I dont know

Justin Stiltner
Team #388
Epsilon
Grundy Va,

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/06/2001 12:00 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: IT Revealed on the TODAY show?
Posted by Justin Stiltner on 03/06/2001 11:44 AM EST:

My mom saw that too - but I dont believe it.

-Jessica B, #237, who is trying everything in her power to volunteer at the media tent at Nats in 2002 - it’ll be a meida nightmare, I cant wait!!!

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/06/2001 12:00 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

My mom saw that too - but I dont believe it.

-Jessica B, #237, who is trying everything in her power to volunteer at the media tent at Nats in 2002 - it’ll be a media nightmare, I cant wait!!!

Posted by Jason “JDoggyDog” Trotter at 03/06/2001 12:49 PM EST

Student on team #191, X-CATS, from Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School.

I saw it this morning, and I personally think that that is not IT. That is the same picture that has been floating around the internet, except in 3D. If IT is supposed to be revolutionary it better at least have a Mt. Dew holder. :slight_smile:
Also I think that if the hype keeps on stacking up, then when IT is finally revealed, it might be a great disappointment, so I for one am keeping away from the media hype.

My 2 pennies,
Jason Trotter

Posted by Adrian Wong at 03/06/2001 1:25 PM EST

Student on team #596, Hopkinton Hillers, from Hopkinton High School and Zymark & Computer Associates.

CNBC is doing a five-minute thing on IT/Ginger in the next few minutes (1:22 PM EST). I suspect it is going to be more of the same.

Will be back in a few with what they say.

Posted by Adrian Wong at 03/06/2001 1:28 PM EST

Student on team #596, Hopkinton Hillers, from Hopkinton High School and Zymark & Computer Associates.

In Reply to: IT coming up on CNBC
Posted by Adrian Wong on 03/06/2001 1:25 PM EST:

: Will be back in a few with what they say.

Yep, looks like the same 3D rendering as well.

Posted by Raul at 03/06/2001 1:46 PM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

That scooter they have been showing is straight out of one of the patent claims for the iBOT wheelchair. That is not “IT”. It is not “THAT” either (right Mike?).

Raul

: My mom woke me up early this morning and ask me if sombody on my television was Dean Caman. Which it wasent but the guy that was on there (he was from inside magizine) said that IT IS a scooter powered by a sterling engin. Then they showed a rendering of it from what looked like autocad but tere wasent many details. He also said that Dean Might get mad from him telling the world but he said that he was just confirming what everybody thought (the sterling engin and scooter thing). So what does everybody thing? hoax?
: set up by Dean to trow everybody off?
: I dont know

: Justin Stiltner
: Team #388
: Epsilon
: Grundy Va,

Posted by Alli at 03/06/2001 7:33 PM EST

Student on team #178, 2nd Law Enforcers, from Farmington High and UTC/Otis.

I heard about the Today thing, didn’t see it but I just saw a reporter from INSIDE magazine on CNN’s Moneyline. He says it is that scooter, and Dean has a new company - personally I don’t want to listen to any of this until we hear from Dean what’s really going on, if anything! I hate all this speculation! :slight_smile:

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/07/2001 12:42 AM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

Dean wouldn’t let it slip. Very few people know what it is, and Dean probably made them sign something similar to what everybody had to sign for Survivor so nobody would give away the ending.

Of course, that’s just my opinion.