It's 3 a.m & the feeling is back! the panic sets in! what have we done?! again?!

After sitting out of the FIRST competitions for almost two years, I had forgotten that dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Lying awake at night going over everything in my head:

Will NASA pick us? IF they don’t how will I tell the kids & their parents? we need the seed money. If they do pick our team, how will we pull this off in this ultra-rural, ultra-poor, ultra-inexperienced community? :ahh:

THANK YOU NASA for not making us wait until after Thanksgiving.

Our team meeting tonight is going to be SO FUN!!!

But at 3 a.m. tomorrow morning, I will wake up with a burning desire to work on team admin tasks…Gantt charts to be made…press releases to be written…no sense wasting time sleeping!!

Y Bridge 4H Robotics Team 5476
Galena, Missouri

You are awesome, and the reason why your team is together and competing again. Congratulations, seriously. This money is a great base to work on, and a great way to grow your team for possible future sponsorship.

It looks like you have been around for a while, so you probably know most of the fundraising and sponsorship advice. If you are interested, though, you can PM me about a couple of the things our team did over the past two years to get from having $88 in the team account to going to two regionals this year. It was mostly luck but I’m happy to share :slight_smile:

Looks like you got it - congratulations!

http://robotics.nasa.gov/events/2015_sponsorship.php

Congratulations!
It looks like fewer teams received NASA grants this year.

Being an FRC mentor is always full of surprising amounts of work, from admin tasks, to education, and content filtering… it’s the “hardest fun” the students will ever have, and that goes for us too.