It's not Champs without

It’s not Champs without…the obligatory “oh like battle bots?! hell yeah” conversation with the Lyft driver.

What else?

12 Likes

Hearing loss

9 Likes

8 Likes

It’s not champs without… getting roasted at Karthik’s talk…

5 Likes

Woodie.

6 Likes

Corn Dogs, Cheesecake, Controversy.

1 Like

I have a feeling I am on deck for that this year.

A dead robot for finals on Einstein.

3 Likes

This was a highlight of my time at worlds in 2019. We were on Daly at Detroit and Dean was visiting the fields. We were in a match while he was at our field and we broke a motor off of our intake mid match. It was just dangling freely, but not off the bot, and we adapted. I felt a little embarrassed but I just remember that match in particular because he was there, in the chair.

So cool to see him in front of your stands enjoying the fruits of FIRST and how much it has grown.

It isn’t flying to champs without seeing a few teams or volunteers you know at the airport, probably on your same flight.

9 Likes

My normal answer to that question is not appropriate for this forum, but most 20 year old jokes age poorly. :zipper_mouth_face:

A team not ready to be alliance captain in one division causing chaos.

An unhinged interaction with another team that cannot really be put into words. (I don’t mean this in a negative way)

A (slightly) joking reminder to all team members that hostage rules apply at all times. (Never go to a second location)

Someone stating, “That’s going to be a new rule next year”

1 Like

We almost hit him with our robot once so I wouldn’t be embarrassed about this. I don’t recall the year but it could have been 2001, he had just had back surgery or something along that lines so he couldn’t move quickly and was seated right at the edge of the field. Our robot was knocked over in a match and we missed hitting Dean, who due to said surgery could not move quickly, by less than a foot.

1 Like

Somebody on the team not realizing that Florida Spring and anywhere else in the country Spring are very different temperatures especially at night/in the morning

5 Likes

Could have been worse…

10 Likes

a no-time-limit Dean speech

maybe after a few drinks of his choice so he’s more honest

4 Likes