It's snowing at Team THRUST's website

Check it out.
While you are there, please feel free to peruse the other changes that have been made.
Constructive criticism is appreciated and wanted.
the website is http://www.teamthrust.us/

It only snows if you use Internet Explorer, though to be perfectly honest I can’t say that’s a bad thing. Otherwise, the site is rather good as PHP Nuke sites go (I personally tend to dislike them). The FIRST logo looks rather good with it. I’m wondering what kind of direction you want to take this site into. Do you have any goals for it for image or content? Do you want to keep the obvious and somewhat generic PHP Nuke look or stray away?

Nice effect, but it reminds me too much of the cold.

Cool. The snow is OK, just don’t try and change my cursor. :wink:

But I really like the Team To-Do List. That really sets your site apart from others. It works on many levels. It gives your sponsors and parents a way to keep track. It can also motivate your team members since their progress is up front and out in the open. Nice, Very nice.

Very nice - you beat me to it. I have a code for the same effect that also works on Firefox if you would like it. I am adding that to our website after Christmas. The Christmas cursor I have now and the snow didn’t seem to want to work together. http://ircorp.fnsnet.net

What what did you use in terms of progarming language.

The website uses PHP (hence PHPNuke ;-), though I suspect the snowflakes are either DHTML or Javascript, or possibly a combination of both.

I really like how you did the logo, but doesn’t that violate the new rules. I looked through the rules briefly, but I thought that you could not change the background at all.

Just wondering.

Thanks!
Nathan Pell

Wow, I haven’t been on CD in a while, so I just found this thread today, I really like everyones comments.

Here is what Marian Murphy from FIRST had to say about the logo on Team THRUST:

"Hello Larry,

Thank you for your e-mail and for implementing the new logo so quickly! I apologize for the delay in responding while we evaluated your usage. It can be tricky putting the logo on a background other than a solid, however, we feel that your background is compatible and does not dilute the presence of the logo. Technically there should be more “protected space” around the top and bottom of the logo; however, if you make the logo smaller, I think that will take away from it. Unless you can easily increase the height of the block it is in, you can leave it as is with my approval.

Happy holidays!

Marian"

Very nice - you beat me to it. I have a code for the same effect that also works on Firefox if you would like it. I am adding that to our website after Christmas. The Christmas cursor I have now and the snow didn’t seem to want to work together. http://ircorp.fnsnet.net

Yes i would really like that code. . If you could emial it to me at [email protected] I would appreciate it, thanks. :wink: :slight_smile:

The website uses PHP (hence PHPNuke ;-), though I suspect the snowflakes are either DHTML or Javascript, or possibly a combination of both.

The snow effect is done mainly in Java-script with one bit of HTML. :slight_smile: With the code i can make rain too, although it doesn’t look as good as the snow. :frowning:

Edit////

It only snows if you use Internet Explorer, though to be perfectly honest I can’t say that’s a bad thing. Otherwise, the site is rather good as PHP Nuke sites go (I personally tend to dislike them). The FIRST logo looks rather good with it. I’m wondering what kind of direction you want to take this site into. Do you have any goals for it for image or content? Do you want to keep the obvious and somewhat generic PHP Nuke look or stray away?

For this year I think I am going to stay with the PHP Nuke look. It would require to much coding and to much graphic editing. People that know me know that me and graphic editing do not mix :rolleyes: . In the future i may stray away from PHP Nuke, and either use something else like it, or just code a whole site by myself.
///edit

Have you people noticed the weather in the bottom right, it can be done for any zip code, except i set it to Team THRUST’s home city zip code. I have another version of the same thing that ask the user to enter in a zip code. If anyone would like that code i can email it to you, just email me and ask for it, [email protected] The same thing applies for the snow/rain code too.

I like the site a lot–

Very smooth, very clean.

–Petey