I have looking in the jaguar getting stated guide
and I saw that you can give a signals to control
the brake/coast of the jaguar. On what component
of the control system and where should I connect
the second side of the wire?

thank you,
Roy Shmueli
team 1937

Wire this into one of your digital outputs.

Per <R60> if you want to wire the Brake/Coast Jaguar input, you must do so directly to the Digital I/O of the DSC. In this case, you should use a SINGLE wire between the signal of the DSC and the middle pin of the CB header (and only a single wire). To connect any other wire invites shorting unequal voltage sources or introducing additional current return paths.

I had assumed we would need both 0v and signal to the CB port due to the optical isolation of the PWM input, which also appears to be the wiring shown on the Jaguar Getting Started guide. However it also states that all other (i.e. non-PWM) connections are referenced to power ground.
Thanks for the suggestion.

To clarify this:
Using a DMM, our team checked the ground path between the Digital Sidecar ground and the Jaguar Brake/Coast Header ground. There was an open circuit (MOhm reading). We tested the Jaguar with a single connection which resulted in the DOUT OFF (0V/coast) state not working. Thus, we added a pull-down resistor (as stated in the spec sheet for the Jaguar) referenced to the GND pin of the Digital Sidecar.

2 wires on the digital sidecar, 1 wire to the jaguar.

Have you had any problem with getting the Jaguar in a coast mode using the jumpers? Also what spec sheet are you referring to and where do I find it.

Trying to help our programmers.

Coast and brake mode worked fine with the jumpers and as digital control lines with pull-down resistors. If the motors don’t seem to be coasting, this is most likely due to the mechanical resistance of the drive train.

The spec sheet can be found on luminary micro’s website: Getting Started Guide