Java Presentations

Here are the two Java presentations that Triple Helix gave at this past weekends FIRST VCU Workshops.

Java VCU Workshops.rar (161 KB)

Java VCU Workshops.rar (161 KB)

FYI, they are moving away from CommandBase, to be more like RobotBuilder. Subsystems are constructed in Robot.

Good to know. I’ve never been a fan of doing it in CommandBase as it always made more sense to do it in Robot. I however do not like hot RobotBuilder declares all of the sensors and motors in RobotMap, do you know if this is going to continue? If not we might actually move to using RobotBuilder.

I’m working on a second version of the presentation that removes CommandBase from the equation. I’ll post when I finish it.

Here are updated versions of the presentations. I have included the code that was to be written as part of the presentation for the beginner presentation along with including a version that takes CommandBase out of the equations.

Beginner Java for FRC - Without Command Base.pdf (137 KB)
Beginner Java for FRC.pdf (142 KB)
Intermediate Java for FRC.pdf (124 KB)

Beginner Java for FRC - Without Command Base.pdf (137 KB)
Beginner Java for FRC.pdf (142 KB)
Intermediate Java for FRC.pdf (124 KB)

I think that’s a goal, but there’s other higher priority tasks. See http://firstforge.wpi.edu/sf/go/artf1647

Cool, I’ll make sure to check it out at the beginning of the season and see if it has been changed. It looks like they plan on getting rid of the RobotMap file completely, I actually like it for storing the channels that all of the different sensors/motors use.