Joystick communication problems

Hi,

I’m relatively new to command based programming. I have code on Netbeans for our team’s robot from last year, so it uses the 2014 control system.

I have the 2015 driver station and I change it to the '14 DS & FMS so I have comms and robot code.

When I plug in a controller (Xbox), the Joysticks box turns green and if I go to the USB devices on the DS, the lights will show up corresponding to the buttons that I press on the Joystick (e.g. 1-A, 2-B, etc).

However, when I enable teleop and press buttons, the robot does not respond even though I have specific buttons perform commands. I have already printed out the joystick and button values (-1.0 to 1.0 for joysticks and true/false for buttons) and the joystick values are always 0.0 and the button values are always false, even though I’m pressing them.

I don’t think it’s a code error because I went over it with one of our team’s mentors.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

The numbering of joysticks and other I/O changed between 2014 and 2015. So try printing out the joystick one higher than you are currently using.

Greg McKaskle

all right thanks. It helped