kick off not on the first weekend!!!!!

What is up with the change in times!!!

with the first regionals the first weekend in March
does this mean that the build time is only 5 weeks

-just venting_

dahl

My guess is that either too many teams wanted the schedule adjusted (Boston U doesn’t get back from break until the 11th, for instance) or maybe they can’t get the kit together by the first weekend. Either way, I’m glad it turned out this way.

The ship date is set for Feb. 24, so we still get the full six weeks to build.

*Originally posted by Andrew Dahl *
**-just venting_

dahl **

Are you really so angry about this that you have to vent?

How about hear this reason first and decide if you are really angry at FIRST’s decision to change kickoff to the weekend of the 10th?

One reason FIRST decided to make kickoff the 2nd weekend instead of the 1st is that New Year is too close to the 1st weekend, and as a result team representatives who want to make it to Manchester on Friday will have to travel on New Year. Be considerate that some team rep want to spend time with their family enjoying the holiday before the craziness of the 6 weeks + competition begin. It’s not easy doing FIRST and have a real life ;-).

Its not anger, just another week we have to wait.

argh

Wetzel

also, wasnt the reason that the day the kits would need to be delivered was on new years day, when places, such as universities where remote kickoff’s were not open?

Cory

In June at the Team Forum FIRST stated that they were changing the weekend of kickoff to January 10th so that FIRST employees could enjoy New Year’s.

Seems fair to me. Plus we know have February Vacation to finish up the robot, testing, and practice driving before we ship. It gives us more non-school hours and that can be a good thing.

i wasn’t mad to hear that they changed the date, but it does really screw us this season.

formerly we would all return to school a week early to start FIRST. we missed a week of break at home, but we also got an entire week to do FIRST with absolutely nothing else impeeding us.

now week one coincides with week one of the new semester. :frowning: not good.

i can feel robot complexity decreasing already…seven days is an enternity in FIRSTWorld.

*Originally posted by ajlapp *
**i wasn’t mad to hear that they changed the date, but it does really screw us this season.

formerly we would all return to school a week early to start FIRST. we missed a week of break at home, but we also got an entire week to do FIRST with absolutely nothing else impeeding us.

now week one coincides with week one of the new semester. :frowning: not good.

i can feel robot complexity decreasing already…seven days is an enternity in FIRSTWorld. **

229 is in the EXACT same boat.

Although… instead of robot complexity, I feel my GPA decreasing already.

John

In some ways, we’re in the exact opposition. Rochester city schools have a winter break that happens to fall during week 6. So the high school students will have a week without school to work on the robot. RIT students, on the other hand, have finals during ship week.

Personally, I’m happy as the latter kickoff lets me actually join a team when I move out to California for 8 months.

Matt