Kit of Parts Problems

Last night, our team met and we went through the kit of parts and looked at everything.

We’ve run into a problem, I think. We are missing a good amount of the parts that were supposed to be included in the kit. I also realize that we are supposed to be receiving parts via mail in the near future, so I wanted to just list everything we’re missing and bounce it off you all - so I know what to call FIRST about and what to wait for in the mail.

So, we are missing -

Control System
Plastic Shield for 25 pin connector (Not too important, I know)
Quick-Disconnect Power Connector
10’ #6 AWG Wire, Red

Fasteners
Helical Plastic Wire Wrap (1/4" diameter)
Helical Plastic Wire Wrap (1/2" diameter)

Motors and Pumps
Van Door Motor - Bosch

Instead, it seems we received 2 of Chiaphua motors and 2 of their matching gears. I need verification that we are not supposed to have two of these.

We also received an orange ‘torque motor,’ but we’re not sure of the manufacturer, and we can’t find it on the list of kit parts. What is this, and are we supposed to have it?

Pulleys
The entire bag, containing:
Bushing (for CMT Pulleys) (4)
Alum. timing pulley - 20 tooth
Plastic timing pulley - 30 tooth
Plastic timing pulley - 60 tooth

Springs
Constant Force Spring, Small - we only received 1

Wheels
6" diameter wheelchair wheel

As you can see, we’re missing quite a bit. I didn’t include the revolving light, since I know that’s supposed to be shipped. What else should I expect, and what am I missing entirely!?!?

Mike,

I went through our team’s parts, and we are missing a couple small things too. I haven’t checked everything yet, but…

We also got no van door and two chalupa motors. This is a change (i have heard) and all teams had this change.

Quick disconnect: I couldn’t find them in our kit

Wheelchair wheel: We got two of each… If you got only one 6", that’s a mistake.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. . .

We didn’t get any 6" wheelchair wheels at all, but we got two 8" diameter wheels. I’ll call about that, but it may not be such a big deal since we probably won’t use 'em anyway.

It’s a relief to hear about those motors, though.

Apparently there were some discrepancies between what was in the kit and what is on the list; there should have been an updated parts list distributed with the kit (we received ours at the kickoff).

*Originally posted by patrickrd *
**Quick disconnect: I couldn’t find them in our kit

In the list of parts that was distributed with the kits at Kickoff, the quick disconnects(the big red things everyone knows and loves for the batteries) were on the “shipped to teams” list. I’d say to expect them in the first week or so…

*Originally posted by Nate Smith *
In the list of parts that was distributed with the kits at Kickoff, the quick disconnects(the big red things everyone knows and loves for the batteries) were on the “shipped to teams” list. I’d say to expect them in the first week or so… **

Why did I not see this list?? I was going crazy last night with all the things I couldn’t find. Michael, do you recall seeing this list? Maybe Mr. Dennis stole it and never showed it to us? I never saw a list that had “shipped to teams” on it. ::sigh:: And so the 6 weeks begin…

~Christina

Originally posted by Michael Krass

Instead, it seems we received 2 of Chiaphua motors and 2 of their matching gears. I need verification that we are not supposed to have two of these.

If you look at the Kit of Parts checklist it says that 2 Chiphua motors should be included. But there is also other documentation that says we should only recieve one. I asked one of my advisors that was at the Kokomo kick off and he said that it was said that we should all be recieving two Chiphua motors… hope this helps!

• Katie

*Originally posted by Nate Smith *
In the list of parts that was distributed with the kits at Kickoff, the quick disconnects(the big red things everyone knows and loves for the batteries) were on the “shipped to teams” list. I’d say to expect them in the first week or so… **

We did not receive this addendum - and I can’t find it on the FIRST website.

Would anyone be willing to post it for us so that we can get things straightened out?

*Originally posted by Michael Krass *

We did not receive this addendum - and I can’t find it on the FIRST website.

Would anyone be willing to post it for us so that we can get things straightened out? **

It was on the “Kit of Parts Checklist” included with the kit/manual…

*Originally posted by Christina *

Why did I not see this list?? I was going crazy last night with all the things I couldn’t find. Michael, do you recall seeing this list? Maybe Mr. Dennis stole it and never showed it to us? I never saw a list that had “shipped to teams” on it. ::sigh:: And so the 6 weeks begin…

~Christina **

The shipped to team list was announced at kickoff, on somebody’s slide. The only thing that I remember for sure that was on there was the light.

All,
There was a mistake in the manual file listing the actual kit of parts checklist. The valid checklist is getting posted to the website this morning.

The CD manual editors also edited out part of the Robot section. Our bad for not catching it before its release. That’s also getting updated on the website this morning.

Please accept our apologies for the errors; you’re seeing some growing pains. It doesn’t make it any easier on you guys, or an excuse, just a reason.

Thanks for the head’s up. . . I’ll go check it out now.

haha… i beat u all. we’re missing our light. :frowning:

Well, after going through the “2002 Kit of Parts Checklist” which was graciously put up today, I have realized that we are still missing a good amount of parts. These are the parts that are still MIA…

~Plastic Shield for 25 pin connector
~6" Wheelchair wheel (both of 'em)
~Constant Force Spring, small (one of 'em)
~1/4" Helical Plastic Wire Wrap
~1/2" Helical Plastic Wire Wrap
~The whole darn pulley bag

Now, although this list is a bit shorter than the original, I just want to make sure that I am actually missing these parts or if anyone else is missing any of these.

~Christina

*Originally posted by Christina *
**~The whole darn pulley bag

It took me a while to find this one in our kit…the actual pulley bag is within another bag that has a couple books(catalogs?) in it, with a sticker on the outside of the bag saying something about the item(s) inside may be proprietary.

*Originally posted by Michael Krass *

We also received an orange ‘torque motor,’ but we’re not sure of the manufacturer, and we can’t find it on the list of kit parts. What is this, and are we supposed to have it?**

The same thing happened to us as well. As far as we can tell, It is not on the parts list.

The only things our team is missing are the Pulley bag and van door motor. I looked everywhere and cannot find it! Yea, it’s missing. About the (orange) torque motor… we also have one and I canot find it on either list. Anyone else with this problem?

• Katie

Edited for spelling!