Kudos for Alamo Regional format.

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Alamo Regional streaming team. I love the video format. I can’t always attend all the competitions, so I end up watching them at work. I love the hybrid format, with full field view and close up shots.

Keep up the good work. I hope to see more of this format at other competitions.

If you haven’t seen it, here’s a sample:
Alamo Match Video

Brian

You’re right! This is a very good format.

California also utilizes views like this. Central Valley and Sacramento thus far, and I hope the rest of California picks up on the segmented views (Full field, each tower, and the “official” view.)

If you have a chance, go to the Alamo Regional. The roster can get spooky but the venue is nice (and the pits have so much room for activities!) and they let me bring in Whataburger and BBQ. Also it’s really easy to get a hotel within a healthy walking distance so I got to spend my mornings walking in these quiet streets going to the event. They were also running FLL states and FTC South Super Regional in the same building on the same day, I think. It was nutty.

So what you’re saying is that we should remember the Alamo? :cool:

We loved the Alamo regional, the video format was just the icing on the cake of a well organized affair.

mediocre movie tbh

Yikes!! :eek:

This is Ryan’s (and others) position on referee replay’s. This feed gave mutlti angle shots of the field so questions can be asked against the replay.

Please post what you used to make this feed, and can you include the count of the hundreds of people required and the thousands of dollars spent?

The feed was handled by Solomon group to my knowledge. The same people that do most of the AV for FIRST regionals (at least all the ones I attend). I’m enjoyed their feed as well and I’m looking to figure out how to pull it off with less professional equipment.

In Georgia they use multiple cameras, where they switch between views during the match. I have no idea how hard or how expensive it is to merge in to a hybrid feed.

Thank you to BradB from 4063 & Manning Robotics for cutting & uploading Alamo videos !

Anyone want to help cut more videos ?
All the matches are up on the full stream.

It does not cost anything to put it into a hybrid feed. It is just a matter of having enough cameras + capture devices. With something like a Blackmagic switch (around $1,500) you would have enough inputs to run this sort of thing. From there you can output it into your favorite streaming software (Xsplit, OBS, ect) and lay everything out how you like.

Many events already have camera switches just most of the time they use a single output to the livestream.

I agree. I really like this format. Several years back, we were experimenting with some layouts, and this is great.