Labview 2016 update problem

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying for two days now to update the lab view software to the 2016 lab view but I just keep hitting a problem, the disc they give you. It comes with the 2015 labview and then you update to 2016? still confused but ive downloaded the 2016 update and have gone through the install walkthrough on wpilib and still nothing. It installs and than disappears. I have no idea where it went or how to get the 2016 labview. ANY help will be greatly appreciated

The commercial version of LabVIEW is released in August which is why the latest version of the LabVIEW development system is called LabVIEW 2015. The 2016 FRC LabVIEW update installs some add-ons to LabVIEW 2015 specifically for FRC.

To open LabVIEW go to your start menu and search for “NI LabVIEW 2015 (32-bit)”. When it opens it should look like the attached screenshot. If it does not, the update did not install properly.

You have to install LabVIEW 2015 from the disc in the kit. Then, go to the link below and download the update and extract/install it after you have installed LabVIEW 2015. Once the installation of both in that order is complete, you can open LabVIEW and see the 2016 logo for FRC use.

https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/13811/l/145005-installing-labview-for-frc-2016-labview-only