LabVIEW install error

Hello -

I’m getting the error “NI USI 2.0.0 Error 1304. Error writing to Gembox.Spreadsheet.dll”. When I select retry, I’m given the error 2350. I’ve run the installer as administrator, on x64 Windows 7. Any assistance?

Dom

To any teams having this issue, copy the contents of the LabVIEW 2013 install cd to a folder on your desktop. This seems to have solved the issue.

Dom

I am getting a generic error, I have no info past that, any sugestions? I am following the install instructions exactally. The error says:

An error occured while installing LabVIEW 2012. Do you want to continue installing the remaining products?

Does anyone think that I have somthing running on my PC in the background that is causing this error? I have tried installing over last years software and a clean install. I do not know where to go from here, any help would be apprciated. Thank you.

When does this error appear? What else does the screen show? What was the installation process doing immediately before it happened?

Do you have any antivirus software running on your machine that might be interfering? Make sure you are an administrator when installing (on some machines you also have to right click setup.exe and select Run as Administrator).

This error apears at the end of each part of the install, right after the overall progress bar is at 100%.

Is it possible Norton is doing this? Other programmers on our team have installed with Norton running. I also installed LabVIEW fine on my desktop with Norton running. I will try installing without Norton and post back here.

[Edit] ok, I have installed everything. LabVIEW itself seemst to launch at least, but I do not have the FRC version. I have installed the updates to it, and nothing.
[Edit] My next step is to uninstall all programming software I have on my machine, Netbeans and all the related stuff, LabVIEW, vb2010, and any other stuff, will I need to uninstall this other software?
I can’t think of any other conflicts. I have the antivirus turned off all of my NI software uninstalled and no programs running when I try to install LabVIEW.

Norton has been known to cause some issues with our installers in the past. Do the driver station or imaging tools install correctly? Do you have anything located in this directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\Rock Robotics?

You should not need to uninstall old LabVIEW or NetBeans or anything like that.

No, that directory doesn’t even exist. This is probally due to me uninstalling all of the NI programs on my PC. None of the software installs without an error message at the end after the 100% mark has been passed and the installer returns to the main install screen (the one with the 8 programs to install) this is where the actual error message shows up, AFTER the secondary install screen closes.

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem. I’m running Win7 and have disabled firewall/anti-virus software. Really looking for an answer here.

How is your system set up? Do you have 2011 labview installed? Also, what are you using for an antivirus pogram?

I did some more in depth research on the error you are seeing during installation and it looks like it is related to a dependency on the .NET Framework. LabVIEW 2012 is dependent on .NET 4.0. Did you already have .NET 4.0 installed before running the LabVIEW installer? If not LabVIEW should install it for your first and then prompt for a reboot. If you don’t reboot there you can run into issues.

I dont think that is .NET 4.0 has been updated by windows update as well as repaired by me. Is this what you ment?

Also an interesting thing happened. I ran the DS install and the DS installed fine. I am wondering if I should try to install all of the components seperatly.

Can you confirm that this registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full (Install-Value) is set to 1. This is the registry key that we use to confirm that the full .NET 4.0 framework is installed. I would only expect you to see the error while installing the components from the DVD.

I’m having a similar problem. When installing LVFRC2013, I get the prompt to install .Net Framework 4.0.

I select OK, and then get a prompt that says an error occurred while installing .Net Framework 4.0, reboot and try again. I follow the instructions, but get the same results.

I was able to check and see that I am running .NET Framework 4.0 Client, not the Full version. So I searched the DVD and found the full version, dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe, but this doesn’t appear to install successfully.

I’m running Windows XP Pro, SP3, Any Ideas on how to solve the problem, so that I can then begin to install the software.

Thanks

The value is 1, I am not getting an error when installing the .NET Framework. In fact I am not installing .NET framework at all. The first thing the installer installs is LabVIEW 2012. It will finish, close the sub-installer and right before it moves on to “part 2” an error pops up saying that it didn’t install correctly, and, would you like to install the remaining components? This repeats until after “part 8”.
Also I am installing from my HD. I coppied the files onto my desktop. I was getting the same errors when I was installing from the dvd.

What are the steps to go about confirming the registry key?

To confirm the registry key you just need to open the registry editor on your windows machine and browse to the key (on windows 7 you can get to the registry editor by searching for a program called regedit)

LabVIEW has a dependency on the .NET framework 4.0 and this is the point in the install where that dependency is checked and the error we get if it is not installed. I am going to check with our installer team on other reasons you might get that error even if that registry key is set.

Your comment gave me an idea for a work around solution. The issue all along, for me, has been that that LabView is looking at the Registry for the FULL version of .NET Framework 4.0 to be installed, and for some unknown reason still, all that will install on my laptop is the CLIENT version. So I went into the Registry and changed the name of the folder from CLIENT to FULL. No other changes, and presto LabView installs. So this is the work around. Thanks for your help along the way.

I solved this a few days ago, at least with the errors I was getting. I just continued to install everything. at the end i installed all of the updates and the rest just worked. I don’t know why this was happening. But at this point I dont care. If you can try to install everything and be sure to update it.