LabVIEW serial numbers are invalid

I downloaded Labview off the NI website (since my laptop lacks an optical drive), when i go to activate, the serial number comes up as invalid. When I go to the 7 day trial, the FRC 2013 splashscreen pops up (I downloaded the updates). But when I go to activate choosing LabVIEW 2012 Development System it comes up as invalid. Should there be another option specifically for robotics? If so, how do I get to it? Thanks!

Yes, the License Manager shows an FRC entry when you install from the DVD. I’m assuming you can only get it by installing the package from the DVD which is FRC specific. You could use a USB optical drive or copy he DVD contents to a USB HD or flash drive for the install.

The frc disk is a special version of lab view that has the simulation and other first related products on it

Thanks! I’m uninstalling my current copy and will download the FRC specified one.

The version of Labview on the KOP disk is LabView 2012. If you downloaded something called Labview 2013, it may be a newer version and the updates (FRC specific additions) may not work right.

You can take the DVD to a computer with a optical drive and convert it to an .ISO image. Most CD/DVD burning programs can do this. Put it on a USB thumb drive (8GB) and use that on your optical drive challenged PC. Use a virtual drive program such as Daemon Tools, or Magic Disk to mount the image.

We did that as well as making DVD copies (dual-layer DVD-Rdl required) and either way works well.

Also the serial on your KOP package DVD may not work. See this thread: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110471

To get FRC LabVIEW to install correctly you need to first install the components from the Kit of Parts DVD and then install the 3 online updates. You could download all of the components individually from the NI website that are on the DVD but they will not activate properly unless installed from the DVD.

To anyone using the ISO method, please note that the size of the image file exceeds the maximum file size on a FAT32 partition (~4GB), which tends to be the file format of most of the thumb drives I’ve stumbled upon.

To overcome this particular issue, you can either:

1. Use a NTFS-formatted drive
  2. Use WinRAR to split the ISO file into two RAR archives that do not exceed the size limit
  3. Transfer the ISO over a network connection or something like that
  4. Probably the best solution IMO: get an external USB optical drive, which is incredibly cheap and handy with all those handicapped laptops nowadays

You don’t need to turn the DVD into an .iso image. Just copy the contents to a USB stick; it’ll work just fine.

I used an 8GB flash drive. I put the DVD files into one folder, software updates into another, and a bunch of downloaded technical resources into a third. The manual is in yet another folder.