last and final game...........

Posted by nick237 at 03/16/2001 7:53 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

How many of you remember last year in Florida during the final game when all the worlds news media suddenly appeared on the main stage and solidly blocked thousands of us from viewing what “we” had worked for a year to see.
Do you all remember the thousands of voices screaming " WE CANT SEE " and being totaly ignored by the camera people.
Do you think this will happen again or do you think FIRST will recognize the needs of the students and teams to be rewarded by a clear view of the last and final game, and make better arangements for the news crews.
Are we the teams more or less important than the two minute coverage that the news crews put on the TV or should FIRST give them on stage front row footage.
The views seen on the main screen are great and there is no blockage for the people in the arena, so why doesnt FIRST let the news camera teams hook directly to these feeds.
Whats your thoughts.
nick237

Posted by Stephen at 03/16/2001 8:21 PM EST

Student on team #122, NASA Knights, from Grafton High School (Robotics team is at NHGS) and NASA.

In Reply to: last and final game…
Posted by nick237 on 03/16/2001 7:53 PM EST:

Being as this is my first year at first, I had no idea that happened, infact I’m shocked to hear about it. I can’t believe all of those news folks would be so rude, where’s their gracious profesionalism.

Posted by PAUL GIANNOSA at 03/17/2001 2:19 PM EST

Engineer on team #27, TEAM RUSH, from OSMTECH and TEXTRON AUTOMOTIVE CO…

In Reply to: Re: last and final game…
Posted by Stephen on 03/16/2001 8:21 PM EST:

: Being as this is my first year at first, I had no idea that happened, infact I’m shocked to hear about it. I can’t believe all of those news folks would be so rude, where’s their gracious profesionalism.

Same place when they shove a camera in a mothers face who just lost a child, or when someone just lost their job (@DaimlerChrysler), or…PMGRACER

Posted by Jack W. at 03/16/2001 9:07 PM EST

Student on team ------- from ------- sponsored by -------.

In Reply to: last and final game…
Posted by nick237 on 03/16/2001 7:53 PM EST:

Hey nick my name is jack i was at that last and final game, actually myself and a couple of my teammates started that chant. i think at First i was glad to see all of the media attention given to first because it was finally receiving the recognition it diserves but i agree that the students and other members of teams should get first dibs on seeing the competition,
also i think that this year there will be less intense coverage due to the modified style of play (4 V.0) but i bet there will probably be some decent coverage.

Posted by nick237 at 03/16/2001 9:29 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

In Reply to: Re: last and final game…
Posted by Jack W. on 03/16/2001 9:07 PM EST:

Jack, dont be ashamed to place your name and team # with your post… you did nothing wrong, in fact you expressed your displeasure at being treated rude by the media.
Be proud that you stood for what you believed was right. hopefully this year we wont have to bring on the CHANT, but we could bring WATER PISTOLS… HEHEHEE
nick237

: Hey nick my name is jack i was at that last and final game, actually myself and a couple of my teammates started that chant. i think at First i was glad to see all of the media attention given to first because it was finally receiving the recognition it diserves but i agree that the students and other members of teams should get first dibs on seeing the competition,
: also i think that this year there will be less intense coverage due to the modified style of play (4 V.0) but i bet there will probably be some decent coverage.

Posted by bonnie at 03/17/2001 11:20 AM EST

Other on team #343, Metal in Motion, from Hamilton Career Center and Hamilton Career Center and Oconee Partners.

In Reply to: Re: Jack w ???
Posted by nick237 on 03/16/2001 9:29 PM EST:

nick…you are so bad
water pistols!! sounds like fun!

: Be proud that you stood for what you believed was right. hopefully this year we wont have to bring on the CHANT, but we could bring WATER PISTOLS… HEHEHEE
: nick237