So, I’ve been in FRC 5 years now. Our lead mentor has stepped down to focus on other student groups she’s working with. She will still be involved, but to a lesser extent and has let me know to apply for the position. I was a lead at another school for a year before moving, so I understand a lot of the paperwork on the FRC side at least.
This is a position that is recognized by the district, so I’m hoping to have better access to the workshop in the event another staff member is not present. It is a very STEM friendly district and they even provide a large chunk of our yearly budget.
I’m getting prepared though It does not seem to be a real formal interview. I expect that they’ll be asking what questions I have for the position.
What are some good questions to take care of?
Stuff I’ve thought of so far:
- What level of access is the position granted
- How will purchases be made and tracked
- Currently, I think the previous lead had a dedicated school card then turned in receipts
- School/district information for setting up sponsors
- How to get approvals for things like new equipment
- Who to go through for getting students out of class for events