Letters (snail mail style)

I’m posting this thread after realizing I haven’t hand written a letter since the 5th grade (I’m going to be SR. this year ) so I was wondering when was the last time people actually wrote a letter by hand

5th grade too, while I was at camp.

I send out Christmas cards every year, and I include notes in some of them, does that count? And I sent some postcards to people from Scotland last year. The last time I actually wrote a letter was 1994. Wow, that’s a long time. Now, another interesting tidbit, there’s speculation that schools are going to eventually stop teaching cursive writing, that due to computers, it’s almost obsolete. Weird, that.

MissInformation

<==========>
She who laughs, lasts. (saw this on a bumber sticker)

7th grade. I have horrible handwriting, so I avoid it at all costs

I wrote one last week to my friend at the naval academy since they don’t have email. It was a really weird feeling hand-writing a letter again.

letter, i don’t think ever. i’ve written cards a lot (ugh, cards suck), and a post card from sleep away camp, but that’s about it. my handwriting was the best in the class in 3rd grade. now i can barely read it :D.

The end of 9th Grade, our teacher made us write it to our selves. Let me explain we wrote what shows we watched what kind of clothes we wore who we liked, what our favorite subject is and so on the she had us. Send it to our sleves in 12th grade. She just had us put the date we were going to graduate. I can’t wait to get mine back.

*Originally posted by The wheelman *
**The end of 9th Grade, our teacher made us write it to our selves. Let me explain we wrote what shows we watched what kind of clothes we wore who we liked, what our favorite subject is and so on the she had us. Send it to our sleves in 12th grade. She just had us put the date we were going to graduate. I can’t wait to get mine back. **

my psych teacher did this this year but mailed them to us ate the end of the year. It was cool to see how i had changed just over 9 months. I had a whole new group of friends and am more happy, plus im the pres of our club :smiley:

I dont’t usally write letters out by hand. My hand writting is hard to read for some people. The last time I wrote a letter out by hand would have to be when I was in 7th grade. (I am going into 10th.) Everyone in my math class had to write a letter to their partner about what they did together after everytime we switched parners.

post 7th grade at summer camp I wrote a letter to my parents how I was mad at them for sending me to a soccer camp the week where it rained constantly 4 out of 5 days of the camp

hmm…i sometimes write my BF letters. about a month ago, i sent a bunch of post cards to my friends and family hehehe, i wrote my grandma’s in spanish…gah, mistake. now, she shows it to all her friends, then they want to speak to me in spanish! :slight_smile:

Wow…I wrote one earlier this year. They’re so much more personal. Old stuff rules. (My choice of clothing is a tad bit out of style :D) My handwriting is illegible. It really is. I take lots of notes but never use them since I can’t make out what I wrote…