Level 3 yeet

Have you ever seen a robot full send off level 3?

Watch this and you can say you have.
22 Likes

So, was this the same driver who took home four blue banners? The yeet looks accidental …

New driver our old one graduated, the yeet was due to an bug in the code that was fixed after this match.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that (what was the bug)?

Maybe the programmer forgot to comment out a Yeet instruction,

30 Likes

we changed a drive forward command to drive backwards for auto and forgot it was used in the climb command

3 Likes

when(robotreachlevel.3)
then(program.YEET)

17 Likes

exactly

:thinking:

code is fixed and we get a good story out of it so everything is good now

1 Like

I can, in fact, now say I have seen 2 robots yeet off level 3.
8 Likes

Thank you for showing we aren’t the only team

What’s really impressive is that it worked. You landed perfectly on your wheels and drove away unscathed. Several of my team had been speculating if it could be done at all, now we know.

3 Likes

We did the same thing at dcmp because we browned out and lost field-oriented drive. Not quite as graceful of a landing, though.

5 Likes

I have to admit, when I saw “Level 3 yeet” in the title I was picturing something entirely different… like yeeting onto Level 3. :joy:

14 Likes

Does ~1 sec count as a yeet onto level 3? I recall seeing 1114 do that, and maybe some others.

Or does the robot have to get airborne?

:thinking: Hmm… now that’s a thought! I guess it depends on how you define “yeet”.

I got the pleasure of watching 3288 do it on the practice field for fun

Im pretty sure yeet only applies to airborne things

I’m old, so what do I know from yeet?

I did read this, which suggests an origin for the word. [Columbia Spectator]

BY AUSTIN DEAN | APRIL 2, 2019, 1:02 AM

“Yeet,” the greatest word of our time, emerged in the middle of 2014 when this Vine (or this one, depending who you ask) went viral. I learned this about three weeks ago, but that’s probably because I live under a rock.

Nowadays, referencing a dank, five-year-old Vine implies some sort of nostalgia for the good ol’ days of Internet meme culture. But “yeet,” so far, has avoided this retrospective connotation, especially at Columbia, where some of us use it unironically in every other sentence. As far as I can tell, this is our community’s collective response to stress culture. In an environment in which we can always be wrong in what we do, we need some way to let off steam and be unequivocally justified in doing so.

“Yeet” is the one word we can never use incorrectly.

2 Likes