Limelight 2+ Stock

I’ve been looking at the limelight 2+ and noticed it seems to be out of stock on WCP, AM, and Limelight. Any information on when the stocks will be available?

1 Like

I think you meant : https://limelightvision.io/

1 Like

Yea we’ve been waiting as well.
Their email form for when they go back in stock is also down.

I wouldn’t count on a restock for this season unless someone comes across an unopened pallet of CM3s in their warehouse or something.

e; Delete

1 Like

I think it also will be available at Andymark at the same time. Maybe their mail form will be helpful.

2 Likes

I recall in the past that there might be a rule that prohibits COTs items that are not readily available (in a timely fashion for all teams)? Would this unavailability of the LimeLight during the 2022 season ultimately make it against the rules for teams to reuse an old (on hand) LimeLight? Should we all start taking steps for this possibility? Or will this be similar to the Falcon Motor situation in 2020?

Does that also apply to the RoboRIO then?

I’m fully expecting the manual to explicitly state that both the RoboRIO and RoboRIO 2.0 will be legal for use this year. Similar to how both the 4 slot and 8 slot cRIO was called out as legal in past manuals.

This being said, the sentiment to your question is a very valid one I’d say. To this same logic, would a raspberry pi 1 model B be illegal to use because it is no longer in production? Can I not use any v1 1/2" hex bearings from VEX because they aren’t available any more? I doubt any robot inspector would deem these illegal, but then again, I am neither FIRST nor an RI.

Considering that something like the limelight has not been explicitly discontinued, but rather is drastically effected by the global chip shortage, it would be nice to see FIRST make an announcement about the legality of these items for this year. Not specifically on the limelight per se, but more on what the COTS definition/rule will look like in general. Haven’t a clue what I’d want that rule to look like though. I’ll leave that to the pro’s I guess.

Seems like the rules are running into the reality of global shortages.

3 Likes

Global shortages stink.

1 Like

I looked over it a little, and I don’t think it will. The way I see it based on the definitions laid out in section 9.1 (INFINITE RECHARGE), the only thing that would be threatened would be if Limelight (the company) still counted as a VENDOR, but that wouldn’t matter, since you can buy them from AM and WCP, which are definitely still both VENDORs. Either way, I very much doubt there’s going to be an issue - especially since the manual doesn’t imply a COTS product can become a FABRICATED ITEM through the VENDOR no longer counting as a VENDOR.

3 Likes

If copious amounts of top teams start selling their Limelight 2+ and it’s out of stock, we all know what that means…

6 Likes