LiveWindow not auto-populating with wpilib components? (Gyro, in particular)

We’re trying to do some debugging of our gyro using Glass for visualization and graphing. When we run our robot in sim mode, we get a LiveWindow table, but it only has 1 key: .status. But when we deploy it to our RoboRio, we don’t even get the LiveWindow table.

I thought components were supposed to auto-populate? Do we have to call something in code to get the LiveWindow table?

To visualize our gyro using the 360-deg widget, what do we need to do? Would it just be something like SendableRegistry.setName(self.gyro, 'robot', 'gyro') and drag that onto the Glass background to get the widget?

Or, we could grab the data and put it into Network Tables, but then how, in Glass, would we visualize it using the 360-deg widget? Glass would have no way of knowing that this particular Network Tables key should be visualized that way. Can you click “Visualize this key using such-and-such widget”?

If there’s not an easy answer, is the source code for Glass available anywhere?

I’m not sure if its the same for python but in java to put something to shuffleboard (probably applies to glass no clue) you just run SmartDashboard.putData(whateveryouwant);

1 Like

You can use the OutlineViewer tool to view all NetworkTables keys. I’d start there to see what is and isn’t there.

LiveWindow telemetry / auto-publishing was default-on for the last few years but we defaulted it back to off this year for performance reasons. What you want here is putData().

No, Glass doesn’t have that feature at the moment.

putData() is the easy answer. For completeness, however, the source code to Glass is here: allwpilib/glass/src at main · wpilibsuite/allwpilib · GitHub

1 Like

We got it graphing (thanks!) but couldn’t figure out how to visualize it using the “degrees” widget. Is there any way to do that?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.