Longest blue banner drought?

My team (857) has been around since 1999 (we were 221 until 2002, dont fully know the reason for the number change. I suspect it has something to do with our alum starting 221 robotics). We have not won a single event. 21 years without a blue banner. We aren’t by any means a bad team, there are just always better teams.

My question for you is; how long is your teams longest blue banner drought?

3 Likes

2 years. 21 years seems unfathomable at first but then you have to remember age doesn’t mean success.

3 Likes

We have been to champs 4(?) Times in the past 5(6?) Years. In 2014 (exercise ball) we were rank 34 in michigan. I would say we are successful, but it would be nice to have some blue drapes.

If you’re in Michigan it is already going to be that much harder to win a banner. Try to get into some easier events. It looks like you guys go to the same events every year and that clearly isn’t working for you. Aim to go to an event you know you are more competitive at. Do a week one or something similar, or attend a regional and win?

Not necessarily a long drought, but 503 has had 6 Finalist awards in the past 3 years. Were hoping to break that streak this year. sigh…always the brides made and never the bride.

10 Likes

116 has been around since 1996 and has never won an event. They do have two Chairman’s Award banners (and three Woodie Flowers Finalists from before they gave out banners for WFA).

2 Likes

We dont have time to do chairmans, but if we did it we could totally win a district chairmans (based off of what everyone else wins it for)

1 Like

Everyone has time for chairmans! if you’re confident you can win then prove it and win!

10 Likes

13 years for 1895, never won an event or been to worlds. But this year is the year!

19 Likes

Our first and only blue banner (and WFA) regional wins were in 2010. We’ve been finalists a few times, too.

I would like to bring up team 461 Westside Boiler Invasion. While they have won two Chairmen’s award, they have never won a competition but have been finalists at many (I think it’s in the double digits). They deserve a win this season in my opinion.

1 Like

For Team 3003, it’s been 5 years since we won at FLR… That was my senior year, but we’re really trying to get back to where we were then… Any ideas on methods for recruiting new members?

1 Like

Not even close to double digits. Just 6 times as an event finalist.

3 Likes

We had no blue banners from 2004 to 2018, when we won our first at the Utah regional. Big thanks to 1678.

6 Likes

My mistake. I probably should have just counted instead of going of memory

1 Like

Our team is an original 1992 team and the last banner we won was in 2003. So it’s been 16 years since we’ve won one.

2 Likes

We haven’t won a banner since stronghold in 2016, however, we’ve had 2 banners in our short team history so I’m not complaining.

Not including WFFA, we (2410) got a win in Oklahoma in 2010 then went 7 years until Iowa 2017 between regional winning Blue Banners. (2013 our head mentor won WFFA at Razorback, but that was before banners were given for that.)

Before 2017 ours was 14 years

1 Like

FTC feeder teams

2 Likes