Looking for a Tape of Dean's Nationals Speech

Posted by Jason.

Engineer on team #221, MI Roboworks, from Michigan Tech and MI Roboworks.

Posted on 9/19/2000 9:13 PM MST

Does anybody have a copy of Dean’s speech from Nationals this year? We are looking to use it to help us gain more support from our university. If anyone has this please e-mail me at jmmarkes@mtu.edu. Thanks.

Posted by Dan.

Other on team - from Carnegie Mellon sponsored by -.

Posted on 9/20/2000 6:17 AM MST

In Reply to: Looking for a Tape of Dean’s Nationals Speech posted by Jason on 9/19/2000 9:13 PM MST:

I’d also like a copy of that; it was one of the most inspiring speeches I’ve ever heard. Best part was that he did it all without notes (while standing on two wheels!)
Dan

Posted by Jessica Boucher.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Posted on 9/20/2000 1:53 PM MST

In Reply to: Looking for a Tape of Dean’s Nationals Speech posted by Jason on 9/19/2000 9:13 PM MST:

I might have it; I have to dig up the tape and see if Dean’s speech is complete on the tape.

I love telling the story behind this video, though…::grin::
I live in CT. My team is from CT. But my grandmother is in NC, whom I talk endlessly about robotics to. She has a friend in CA who she talks to about me and FIRST. Strangely enough, he caught with his sattelite dish the live NASA feed of the competition and began to tape. It stops abruptly when NASA decided to all of a sudden start showing cloud patterns, but I think I have all of it. So I have a tape of Dean’s speech. I just have to dig it up and make sure it’s complete.

I’ll get back to you guys about the status of it, though.

-Jess Boucher, student leader T237

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Other on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks, Analog Devices.

Posted on 9/20/2000 7:19 PM MST

You can probably ask FIRST for a copy of the 2000 Epcot Awards…I have one copy, but no way at the moment to duplicate it, or I would have one out in the mail for you. I obtained mine from FIRST. If you ask them and they don’t send you one, email me at lknepper@FIRST-a-holics.com and I will see if I can get to the tv studio to dub a copy for you.

Good Luck,
Lora