Hey everyone, I’m with team 4979, and we are in some desperate need of some help with a “comm” error on our robot. We noticed through all of our matches that every single time on the competition field about 2/3 of the way through the match, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, our driver loses his ability to control the robot. At first, it’s a dead stop then eventually it’s slow moving, and it will reconnect sometimes but then be immediately lost again. We’ve replaced our Ethernet cable between the Radio and RoboRio, replaced the Radio, and even moved the Radio (due to possible CIM interference). We’ve had every control system adviser look at it with us, and it seems we’ve hit some sort of stopping point.
Some symptoms that keep contradicting what could be the issue are that we’ve never been able to replicate the issue on a WIRED connection from our computer to the Radio. We’re not seeing any browning out with our battery or problems in our amp, voltage, or bandwidth draw. We only see this issue occur on the field during the actual matches. We’ve cut it down to possibly either coding (which we’ve cut significantly but needs to be tested tomorrow in our first match) or maybe even a thermal issue with our CIMS heating up significantly and causing some sort of fail safe.
We’re at the Midwest Regional, and we haven’t been able to contribute much with our current status, but we really want to figure this issue out.