Looking for mentors! Team 2084, Robots by the C

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick, and I’m a mentor an alumnus of team 2084, Robots by the C, out of Manchester Massachusetts. With recent changes in my employment, I’ve had to step down as the head mentor of the team, and the school district has not yet been able to find a replacement. So, I’d like to put something on CD to advertise the team’s need for not just a head mentor, but more mentors in general.

A bit about me: I’ve been a member of team 2084 for 7 years now as a student, captain, mentor, and head mentor. Last year, I graduated from UMass Lowell in plastics engineering, and I currently work as a manufacturing engineer in Medical Devices. Last season, I stepped up to be head mentor of our team after our previous coach retired, but my new role makes it very hard to meet with the team during the week.

A bit about our team: The team has a fantastic atmosphere, with emphasis on inclusivity, learning, and fun. I honestly could not ask for a better group of students. As part of my plan to grow the team, I would like to expand the team’s resources and bring on new mentors with varying skill sets. That’s where you come in! If you’re in the area and are looking to mentor a team, we would love to bring you in to meet everyone and see if the fit is good. Anyone from college students to seasoned veterans are welcome!

For those of you who may be interested in being a head mentor, this is a paid position through the school. The position can be found at SchoolSpring.com, with job ID 3912695. Since you will be the “coach” of the team, there is an interview process, and some experience is required. If you are looking for a mentorship with a bit less responsibility, all you need to do is get CORI checked by the school to become a normal mentor. Please reach out to me if you have any questions, and I hope to hear from some of you!

Nick

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.