Some of you may know that I have been working on an extra credit project for the physics students in my school.
The purpose of the project is to encourage attendence to the regional and to provide a real word example of physics in action.
I would just like to let the teams attending LSR know what they may be seeing as a result.
During the event you may find:
- Students interviewing team members or mentors about their robot
- Students asking team members or mentors questions about FIRST, the game, the robots, ect.
- Students asking judges or saftey officials questions
- Students watching matches
- Students taking pictures of robots, matches, ect.
- Students attending the event that have nothing to do with FIRST whatsoever
These students have been asked to attend the regional and complete a packet with questions about FIRST, the game, the event, and a teams robot.
In one section they are asked to interview their “favorite” team. The questions include technical specifications, strategy, and physical descriptions.
In another they are asked questions about the game.
In another they are asked questions about FIRST
In the final section they are asked to answer some physics problems.
There is also a bonus section which asks the students who won certain awards.
During this time I ask that you be friendly, cooperative, and helpful to these students as you will be setting an example to the world outside of FIRST.
I also ask that if you do not know the answer to a question you direct them to someone who might know the answer.
As of right now I do not know the value of the project. It is likely that it will be a quiz grade (as opposed to lesser “homework” grades and greater “test” grades).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you for your cooperation.