Lunch time in New England

As I sit with my students back here at home :frowning: we are watching the webcast of the UTC New England Regional.

First, I want to give kudos to my team, 157. As in Philly, you guys are doing AWESOME, winning 3 matches with 84, 111 and 138 QP’s. Keep it up!

I am very impressed with 95, however what was the strategy in the match in which they scored a TON of balls for their opponent, and LOST the match? That didn’t seem to make much sense to me.

But, as expected the competition is very fierce. The winner here will definately deserve it!

Lots of hi scoring and high QP’s. I’m wondering if it’s just that everyone there has 1) seen the earlier regionals + plus all the scouting, 2) got togther last night and conspired to score high, 3) are just plain good! 4) ??? .

Looked like several teams (173, 121, …) could gather about 15 balls in 12 seconds! Yikes!! that’s fast. WildStang’s in trouble for #1 seed at EPCOT, pending divisional assignments.

Wish we could compete there. :slight_smile:

KA-108

Originally posted by soap108 *
Looked like several teams (173, 121, …) could gather about 15 balls in 12 seconds! Yikes!! that’s fast. WildStang’s in trouble for #1 seed at EPCOT, pending divisional assignments.

After seeing the first 3 or 4 matches even Woodie said the early rounds played as tough as most finals! UTC is full of great ball bots, goal bots, and hybrids. As well as 173 and 121, I’d hafta say 95 (20 balls in 3 seconds) and 157 were great ball bots (I know i’m forgeting others).

Good luck to everyone on Saturday… its gonna be a fun one…

Steve Prairie
RAGE 173