M.A.R.C. Fundraiser

M.A. R. C. (Michigan Advance Robotics Competition) is hosting a VEX Skills Challenge to benefit “PINK EFFORT” fundraiser. All entry fees will go to this great cause.

EVENT: VEX Skills Challenge
Using the “Round up” game elements (Rings) the object will be to get the highest score within a 60 second time limit by placing rings on located goals within a 8ft x 8ft playing area. Each entry will get 3 attempts with the BEST score counting. Any VEX robot may be used from any team as the competition is the skill of the driver or drivers. Sharing and lending of VEX robots is strongly encouraged. Multiple entries from the same team or ANY person are allowed, however only the BEST score is ranked.

An entry may be from a team or individual person(s). The cost is $10.00 per entry. An entry will get three 60 second attempts at scoring. An entry is allowed 1 do over based upon robot malfunction (breakage) where the 60 seconds was not complete. A complete 60 seconds of play will not get a do over.

Open Practice time will be available. All entries must supply their own robots, batteries and controls – VEX Net or crystals. They may be shared units (ie; 4 members of a team may all want to enter and compete against each other as well as for ranking).

The highest ranked score at the end of competition will get a VEX Trophy.

No pre-registration needed just show up with your robot.

The demonstration will be in our upper gym (behind the bleachers) by the food area. Please come by and test your driving skills.

We just completely took apart our vex robot last week so that the vex camp kids could use the motors and other pieces…:frowning:

Ooh, interesting challenge. I wish it was at IRI too…

We will also be doing this at IRI… well that is the plan anyway.

If you did take apart your VEX Robot… put it back together again… it’s EASY!

I know its easy…but we kind of dont have those motors and parts to put back on there. And it was more of just pointing out the bad timing

Can we have more information on this challenge?
When you mean “placing rings in goals” do you mean on pegs, or in raised platforms, or some other option?
How tall are the pegs, platforms, or whatever they are?

I imagine its all the same as the real game.

I don’t think so, as the game is a 12’X12’ field, and Brandon Martus mentioned an 8’X8’ field.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share this with us, I for one feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would very a lot like to hear much more from you on this subject matter – I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.